• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Pubs/bars that you go to and don't know why

diablo

TRIBE Member
There's this pub that's pretty close to my house in Mississauga. I like the place, but absolutely could not tell you why.

It's an Irish pub, in the basement of a historic house. It's a bit of an old fart joint, and no one I know goes there (unless it's with me). Their selection of beers on tap is okay, but nothing special. Their prices are slightly above average, their wings and french fries are slightly below average, and the bartender that's always there looks like he belongs in an 80s glam rock band (permed-looking jheri-curl hair, bug fat rings and chain, tight acid-washed jeans). He also has kind of bugged-out eyes that makes it look like he's always staring. And he always asks me for my ID (which I rarely get asked for anymore).

Actually, I don't think I'm going to go there any more.
 
Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Green Room. I don't know why I ever liked it that much in highschool. Lately, I've been going there again.

I rarely drag myself to bars that I don't like. That's just blasphemy.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

marcinm

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by diablo
There's this pub that's pretty close to my house in Mississauga. I like the place, but absolutely could not tell you why.

It's an Irish pub, in the basement of a historic house. It's a bit of an old fart joint, and no one I know goes there (unless it's with me). Their selection of beers on tap is okay, but nothing special. Their prices are slightly above average, their wings and french fries are slightly below average, and the bartender that's always there looks like he belongs in an 80s glam rock band (permed-looking jheri-curl hair, bug fat rings and chain, tight acid-washed jeans). He also has kind of bugged-out eyes that makes it look like he's always staring. And he always asks me for my ID (which I rarely get asked for anymore).

Actually, I don't think I'm going to go there any more.

are you talking about the duke of marlborough pub matt?
 

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Boss Hog
Hurricane's on Bloor, south side between Dovercourt and Ossington. So so scummy, but I love it.

HA! We used to go there almost every day. The owner (Nick? It's been a while. Short, fat, scummy looking) is totally mobbed up. He hired a this really hot waitress though. It's been years, however. Funny stuff goes on there. My bet is on cockfights. :D
 

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
I know the hot waitress you speak of. She looked like Debbie Harry.

Ownership has changed twice since then... now it's run by Ross, the guy who used to work the bar. He's changed it to a LGBT-friendly place so the clientelle is a bit younger and cooler now. Still very much the same place though.
 

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Boss Hog
I know the hot waitress you speak of. She looked like Debbie Harry.

That's her. :D

Originally posted by Boss Hog
Ownership has changed twice since then... now it's run by Ross, the guy who used to work the bar. He's changed it to a LGBT-friendly place so the clientelle is a bit younger and cooler now. Still very much the same place though.

Interesting... :D
 

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
The only bar that fits the theme of this thread is the Black Bull (in the summer). Overcrowded, expensive, the service sucks balls and everyones a supastar sitting on that patio.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Libradragon

TRIBE Promoter
i had a list of bars i was gonna post, then realized that this thread calls for pubs you don't know why you go to.

i ALWAYS know why i go to these pubs. :(
 

Aleks

TRIBE Member
in my case the pub/bar that falls under the " i don't know why i go back " section is most definatley Billy Bobs and the Fan590 at Jane&Bloor.

that place sucks ass, especially because of the over30 trashy people that that frequent the place...lol...but i've had some good times there.
 

LivingRoomPornstar

TRIBE Member
Wiseguy's at St.Clair Ave W and Christie St.

Such a hole, their entire menu comes from off of a george foreman grill and a personal grade deep fryer, and mostly domestic beers.

The patrons are predominantly dodgy welfare abusers(leave me alone janie) and trackpant wearing simpletons, or old chinese men who don't speak a word of english.

Its a crazy place, but I love it. 3.00 beers, the laid back disposition, and colorful conversations about absolutely nothing are the prescriptions to cure the long intense days at the office. They know me there too, so its kind of nice to get the "Norm" treatment. heh.

Dan
ps- forgive the run-on sentences, i'm a little frazzled at the moment. :D
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

JAR

TRIBE Member
hey LRP, you live in the same building as my gf...and you don't even know who I am! TRIBE STRIKES AGAIN!
 

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by LivingRoomPornstar
Wiseguy's at St.Clair Ave W and Christie St.

I used to pass that place every day on my bike. Some of the upstanding members of the local community who patronized that fine establishment let me know what my sexual preferences were when I wore my skin-tight bicycle outfit.

I always wondered what kind of deadbeat drank in that place. :D :p
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

LivingRoomPornstar

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Littlest Hobo
I used to pass that place every day on my bike. Some of the upstanding members of the local community who patronized that fine establishment let me know what my sexual preferences were when I wore my skin-tight bicycle outfit.

I always wondered what kind of deadbeat drank in that place. :D :p

See!!??

Now THAT'S entertainment. :D
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Top