1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Ps4

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Blue Meanies, Jan 31, 2013.

1. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

I'm glad I held onto my PS3 because when the daughter wants to watch her shows on netflix I can do remote play on my PS4 to my vita, which makes everyone happy!!!

2. defazman

defazman TRIBE Member

I still have my original copy of puzzle fighter for PS1. Not really relavent here, just bragging.

3. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

It was on deck for a steam launch but never happened... : (

Also there is no good version of wipeout on PC...

Saw a teaser graphic for a wipeout on ps4 from a while back... Does PS4 have access to all the downloadable titles you could get on ps3?

4. Blue Meanies

Blue Meanies TRIBE Member

Anyone playing Outlast? Serious mind trip... play at night in the dark with surround sound... creepy as F**k! Not for people who are scared easily.

5. Blue Meanies

Any Battlefield 4 Players out here in PS4 land??

6. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

Been playing thief at the moment and having fun with it. I know it didn't get great reviews but not a lot of games at the moment for the new consoles. However I'm having fun with the game and always like a stealthy game.

7. silver1

silver1 TRIBE Member

PS4 prices have gone up in Canada to $449. Sony says it's due to falling exchange rate of Canadian Dollar.

8. glych t.anomaly

glych t.anomaly TRIBE Member

9. StarvinMarvin

StarvinMarvin TRIBE Member

10. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

This move should increase sales lol:p

11. Sure it does Sony.

But then again, it seems like everyone's getting in on the act - games have gone up in price.

12. silver1

silver1 TRIBE Member

13. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

Infamous Second Son is a must buy... having a lot of fun with that game. Loads of eye candy to enjoy!!!

14. Blue Meanies

Anyone picking up Wolfenstein?

15. silver1

silver1 TRIBE Member

So I've bought a PS4 now. Since I didn't have a PS3 last generation, I'm starting off with The Last of Us.

Looking forward to it. :)

16. wickedken

wickedken TRIBE Member

It needs a killer game to get those on the fence to pull the trigger. Right now people can wait just a little while and get the same games, albeit likely less graphics tho of course.

17. Hi i'm God

Hi i'm God TRIBE Member

yeah i'm waiting for an uncharted bundle.

18. StarvinMarvin

So I have a ps4 to go with my xbone because now I'm a geek like that, if anyone is playing The Show 15 BF4 NHL 15 or injustice let me know

19. Used to be on BF4, moved on to Hardline.

20. StarvinMarvin

haven't made the move yet always been more of a COD guy....it's kinda like cops and robbers ;)

I play most of my shooters on Xbone but picked up BF4 dirt cheap for PS4, once Hardline drops a bit I'll grab it for PS4 for sure

Now I'm just dying waiting on the release date for Ultimate Street Fighter 4

21. Hardline is really good if you can find a good crew that isn't trying to Rambo shit. Add me on - highsteppa, but let me know what I'm looking for so I can add you (I get a lot of random friend requests).

And yeah, SF5 (not 4 ;)) is going to be a treat.

22. StarvinMarvin

yeah but the new Ultra SF 4 will be good in the mean time once it comes out since we have two fight sticks at my place

sent the request my PSN is Slothius

23. Zorro

Zorro TRIBE Member

Am I correct that nothing with the PS3 is compatable with te PS4? In which case I should just trade everything PS3 in?

24. Sorry to necropost - but nothing yet. Although they did just announce that you're going to be able to play PS2 games on the PS4 soon.

So, if you haven't traded in yet, you might want to hang on to the PS3 stuff.

Or just keep your PS3 (like I have - Forman grill 4 life).

25. wickedken

wickedken TRIBE Member

So I did pick up a PS4 with the Uncharted Bundle and it's been great fun. Unchartered Remastered is gorgeous, and it's been long enough that I've forgotten most of the gameplay. Pleasure to get back into it. System is more intelligent about downloads, love the pause/sleep functionality.

BF4 is decent shooter, pretty much what you would expect. Took a little getting used to the trigger on the PS4 controller seems the spring is a little different than the pS3. Going to pick up the new one once it comes down in price.

Also picked up Dying Light. I think it was made by the same people who made Dead Island, which was mucho fun, and it's pretty much the same. Seems both harder and easier at the same time... weapons and character upgrades seem to move slower (e.g. experience slower and finding stuff harder) but there's a bent on "parkour". You get to run a lot and jump ledges etc. Of course zombies can't climb so you can avoid them in general. I've just started and have run into a more adversarial baddie so maybe it gets more challenging. Anyways it's a great game to zombie bash in a 1st person RPG.

The reason I got the PS4 was seeing the ads for Tomb Raider, but was disappointed that it's an xbox exclusive for a little while. The game won't come out for PS4 until summer of fall 2016 I hear. Couldn't hold off and decided to pick up the system anyways, like the good Black Friday consumer I am.