• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Ps4

Eclipze

TRIBE Member
Nobody I know has one..yet.
And I read a nasty rumor about factory workers sabotaging units because of unsafe working environment

silver1

TRIBE Member
I have a buddy at work searching like crazy he is now at the point he will use whichever he can find first Xbone or PS4
I have both BNIB for sale......

Since it's a friend of yours I'd be willing to strike a deal and go well below the going rate on Craigslist/Kijiji

kuba

TRIBE Member
So, one month and a bit later, is it worth the hype? Are the gfx that much better? Can you notice a difference bplaying ps4 vs 3? I still haven't made the leap to get one (that or x1, not sure which to get).

I still play it regularly, but do take breaks and head back to the PS3 occasionally if I'm wanting to play something different.

I'm more disappointed with how EA put out such a buggy game like they did with Battlefield 4.

Blue Meanies

TRIBE Member
Love it... mine has been working flawless and yes you can notice a big difference on first party (example: killzone) but not on mulit-genertion games like AC4, Although the higher resolution is beautiful if you have a nice 1080p tv. The machine itself is slick and fast as lightning. Switching between menus and games is tighter and a lot faster than ps3. Also being able to seamlessly watch someone playing and jumping into their game. I also have a vita and the remote play on its OLED screen is brilliant. The wife was watching a show and I was playing killzone in bed. So far no complaints from me. Very, very happy with my purchase.

Last edited:

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
Loving KillZone at the moment just finished up some MP with some friends. Love the live broadcasting you can do with this system. It was pretty funny to watch all the parties that where happening on new years lol. Just random people just doing funny stuff in front of the cam... real TV at your finger tips.

The system is super tight and if you do have a Vita it does come in handy when someone else wants the TV. I did keep my PS3 so I can let my daughter watch her kiddy shows on Netflix, and I can remote play on my Vita with the PS4. I'm very impressed how the Vita works with the PS4. Almost makes the vita pruchase worth it lol.

If you want to get a good game to start you off with the PS4 get KillZone... by far the best game for the system right now. I got the season pass so I will be enjoying all the DLC goodness.

kuba

TRIBE Member
$500 is the cheapest I could get it online but I'd rather wait to get a bundle pack with games.

Back to the ol' 3!

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
yeah I would wait, but this thing is a lot of fun I tell ya. Did a live broadcast of me babysitting my 2 kids and people where asking me all kinds of questions about fatherhood. Fun times with the camera Kuba you can do a whole mortgage thing where people can ask you mortgage questions and cross promote yourself that way... or not lol.

praktik

TRIBE Member
I've decided I want a ps3 - desperate for wipeout HD, puzzle fighter and some classic titles in the arcade.

Keep me in mind upgraders

greginhali

TRIBE Member
I've decided I want a ps3 - desperate for wipeout HD, puzzle fighter and some classic titles in the arcade.

Keep me in mind upgraders
I have a PS3 with fan overheating issues. I had the heat sink glue fixed once. If you want it, its your for $50 bucks.