• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Project Catwalk

lush191

TRIBE Member
I have a feeling that its going to be better than 'Project Runway'....still can't believe Chloe won!(ugh!)

deevah

TRIBE Member
i'm not so excited about this one

just watched the finale of Runway last nite - Chloe did have the best collection of the 3 but santino definitely has the most creativity. The other guy needs to mature and find his voice but he certainly has all the basic elements.

Galactic Phantom

TRIBE Member
I like Chris' designs but too bad he got the boot, stupid Matthew sucks.
Oh wait I know the winner...HA...

CONGRATS TO....LIZ HURLEY'S BOOBS!!

lush191

TRIBE Member
I agree that Chloe's show was 'nicer', but Santino deserved to win----I was so shocked/dissapointed to see Daniel V's collection--it was awful!(don't know how he made it to #2)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

j bunny 2000

TRIBE Member
Chloe's collection was the only one that looked cohesive to me. Santino's was ok, but his fit wasn't very good on alot of the clothes, which Chloe had definitely taken the time to do. I didn't really pick up on the Asian vibe Daniel V kept talking about. I did love the white coat he designed. Overall, I thought they were all pretty talented compared to Wendy Pepper from last season. Her stuff was absolutely dreadful!!

I can't wait for Project Catwalk, I'm sure British designers will come up with amazing stuff.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
Daniel's collections sucked.. he was sold throught the entire show though... santino's collection was disapoining as well. Chloe's was well sewed, and stuff, too bad it was ugly... that pink tafeta poofy sleeves.. ew

lush191

TRIBE Member
Question: I saw the finale last night and I was shocked to see Micheal Kors wearing sunglasses while judging??!!! I understand that it might be 'chic' for him to do that, but how can he have a fair evaluation when he is seeing the clothes through dark-black lenses??
did anyone else find this odd?

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Santino produced a completely differen runway show than anything he did during the actual season. Although his work was creative it was consistantly poorly put togther (hell I can sew better than that) and it looked like he didn't know when to call a design over.

His runway looked like it was made by someone else and not him.

Chloe had easily the most marketable and useable collection out there and I think she showed the most maturity in her designs.

But hey I'm just a straight guy what the fuck do I know about fashion...

peko

TRIBE Member
lush191 said:
I agree that Chloe's show was 'nicer', but Santino deserved to win----I was so shocked/dissapointed to see Daniel V's collection--it was awful!(don't know how he made it to #2)
I only caught a couple of episodes, but Daniel V was sooo cute, worked well on his own, seemed easy to work with and handled criticsm well.

Santino made me laugh, and designed some cool stuff. His constant need to prove his 'creativegenius' and 'challenge-everything-attitude', was too much. And, it was obvious that Santino was going to the finals.

Oh well, Chloe was a Trump Apprentice pro designer. Did she ever lose her cool? Sometimes she stuck to her ideas and they sucked, but she owned up and didn't disrespect.

I'd love to see the rest of the season. The last competition I saw, the designers made dresses out of flowers/plants. And, I loved the copycat dress fiasco episode.

Last edited:

peko

TRIBE Member
lush191 said:
Question: I saw the finale last night and I was shocked to see Micheal Kors wearing sunglasses while judging??!!! I understand that it might be 'chic' for him to do that, but how can he have a fair evaluation when he is seeing the clothes through dark-black lenses??
did anyone else find this odd?
mk is a nerdball, watch more episodes.

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
i think it'll be better cos it's british.

also, the editor of my fave magazine is on the panel. and julien macdonald, not stupid fucking mama's boy michael kors. i hate him!!! i also think liz hurley has a bit more charisma than heidi klum as a host. with sadie frost, giles deacon and isabella blow as guest judges, i think it could be good.

i might watch it depending when it's on. i saw like 2 episodes of project runway so it's not looking too good that i'll actually watch this.

skin deep

TRIBE Member
If you go to the project runway website you can see Kara's show at Olympus Fashion week. The thing is, Fashion Week happens before they make the last cut on television, so all 4 finalists get to show at Fashion Week. The thing is, I found Kara's collection to be the best (or at least the second best) out of the 4, which I never would have expected based on what she did during the challenges.

swizzykrissy

TRIBE Member
I agree with you skin deep... I also saw kara's collection, and I liked her's the best. She had the most designs that I would actually consider wearing.

I do though agree that out of the three finalists, Chloe did show the best. Her designs had a higher quality look to them imo... not as sloppy and properly fitting her models.

Daniel dissapointed me hugely in the finale. It's like he put it all together last minute... he didn't think it all though... and japanese influence??? I didn't see it. But I think in a few years, he'll be an amazing designer... shit he just finished fashion school!! He's done super well.

Santino had some beautiful dresses! I think the first one was gorgeous :) But he obviously held back... unfortunate. I was looking foward to his collection.

Project Catwalk... I'm just excited there's another similar show on :)
I got so motivated watching Project Runway!