• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Progressive and Breaks Records for Sale

Vinyl Junkie

TRIBE Member
Below are some records that I am willing to part with seeing I have transferred them to cdr. Singles are $8 and all other packs are $20. All records and sleeves are in mint condition. If you buy more than one we can negotiate the price. Please send all enquiries to markcorreia at hotmail dot com

Aphasia - Acapulco (Disc 2)
Atomic Hooligan - Head / Just One More
Bassnectar - Creation Lullaby
Blackwatch Greed - Gentle Rain
Chable and Fernandez - Before You Break On Me
Conjure One – Centre of the Sun (Junkie XL Mix)
Dark Globe - Take Me To The Sound (2xLP)
Digital Witchcraft - Brindavan / Pocket Universe
Digital Witchcraft - The Snowday EP
DK - Murder Was The Bass
Drumattic Twins - Le Funky / Rock Steady
Echomen - Thru 2 You (Disc 1)
Elite Force - Peyote Road
FC Kahuna - Hayling
Ficta - Eli
Flore - Boogie Child
Forme - Let It All Out
Good Pedestrians – That Moment/Turn Around
Graham and Blades - Funky Summa
Habersham Numinous - Rhetorical Question
Habersham Numinous - Leaving Tifton
Hexadecimal - Deep Frequency
Indigo Child - Head First EP
Jacob Todd - Nothing Is Real
Jason Sparks - Don't I Feel (Remixes)
Jason Sparks - Heroes Villians
JDS - Disco Rockers / Wipeout 5
Justin Robertson - Revtone (2xLP)
Katakana – The Light/Beijing
Kaybee - Speed Of Sound
Legend Of Talking Dog - My Shadow Dances (Disc 1)
Luke Chable - Eat Static / After The Storm
Madoka - Distant Memories
Marino Berardi - Clear The Skies
Momu - Kitty Hawk
Monk and Canatella - Enter The Monk (Freq Nasty)
Mortar Pestle - Concisio Abnotco EP
Moshic - The Myth Of Osiris EP
Move-Ya! and Steve Lavers - Monkey Scratch
Naveen G - Keeper Of 5
Noel Sanger - Designs
Operators, The - Furball
Özgür Can - Weightless / Finally
Panoptic - Surface
Platipus – Widescreen:16:9:V1 (3xLP)
Powerplant - Turn It Into Gold
Precision - Where Do You Dance / Comet Charge
Sarah McLachlan - Sweet Surrender (Remixes)
Shiloh - Swerve
Soul Of Man - Shake 'Em Down
Spacelovers, The – Space Lover (Castelli Remix)
Sultan Tone Depth - Back To You
Tech Phunk - Body Phunk
Terminalhead - Weekend Warriors (2xLP)
Three Sixty – Body Music
Various/Uberzone - Y4K (2xLP)
White Room - Strapped
White Stripes - 7th Nation Freeland
Yunus Subsky - Step One EP

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Vinyl Junkie
Below are some records that I am willing to part with seeing I have transferred them to cdr.
This is just as lame as the people who would buy a CD from HMV, burn it and return it.

Vinyl Junkie

TRIBE Member
Spinsah you are a big loser for saying that. How can you compare selling some records that I have transferred to cd to buying a cd and returning it to HMV? I did spend the money on the record and now am parting with it for a discounted price due to depreciation and it being used. So explain how that would be the same as buying something from a store, using it and then returning it for a full refund. If you have nothing intelligent to say KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT dumbass!

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
I'm hardly one to argue for rigid regulations with intellectual property, but what you're doing just blows my mind. Here's the crash course: when you purchase a piece of music, you're not only paying for the labour and material put into the creation of the actual media, you're also paying for the 'intellectual or artistic' labour. So, with these records, you've converted them to CDR to use in DJ sets, or even at home use. I have more of a problem with the former.

The artist is only making money once off of this transaction: when you intitially purchased the vinyl. It really comes down to use vs. exchange value. You're maintaining the use value of these tracks while also profiting on the exchange value, which in my opinion makes you a bit of dickclamp, especially if you're getting paid to play these tunes.

*THREAD CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP*

Richard Raiban

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Progressive and Breaks Records for Sale

Originally posted by Spinsah
This is just as lame as the people who would buy a CD from HMV, burn it and return it.
How is this lame? atleast he purchased the vinyl and converted it to cd rather than what most people do......go to soulseek and just download it. if anything, its a pretty good deal for anyone interested in having this vinyl that is harder to find now, at a disounted price i might add.

Last edited:

Richard Raiban

TRIBE Member
The artist is only making money once off of this transaction
again, atleast he "purchased" the record and didnt download it illegally. so what do you suggest? he just give the vinyl away for free because he still has the track on cd form out of respect to the artist? LOL

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
Don't you work in a record store? Doesn't the ramifications of this sort of practice directrly affect you?

I'm not one to jump aboard the goodship copyright, but in this case it seems pretty clear to me why this is a shady practice. Many of these records can still be found for sale and when purchased a portion of the profit would make its way back to the artist. In the case of this record lot, I actually own many of the records, and supporting those artists is something that I made a conscious decision to do upon purchasing the vinyl. Even though I've converted several of the records to .wav format, I wouldn't sell them, not only because i'm attached to the material but because I've also paid for the intellectual capital involved. While I believe the latter to not be medium specific, I do in fact believe that selling the original media at used market value is analagous to purchasing a piece of LICENSED software, installing it and then selling it at a discounted rate while still enjoying its FULL functionality, if not the packaging.

Is this so hard to understand?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Last edited:

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
^who cares.............like u gave a crap about the artist...do u buy the shit records they pop out too..."just to support the artist"....PHYUK YU

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
again...Spinsah shoots his mouth, and nothing but shit comes out.
specially when you have ABSOLUTLY NO PLAN on buying these records.
go piss up a flagpole.

djskary

TRIBE Member
as much as i dont want to get bashed here.... and as much as its not that big of an issue

i agree fully with Spinsah. and i also agree with the irony involved here.

but whatever... u gotta do what u gotta do.

i just dont understand why everyone is all like... yo fuck you spinsah.... because he is obviously right in saying that it sucks that this dude is buying vinyl, then ripping it, then selling it.

especially if hes spinning out makin money with the music.

OR MAYBE.... this vinyl junkie person has a bunch of shitty records that are in shitty condition... and by ripping them... he/she is saving the song before the record becomes unplayable.

hopefully that isnt the case tho, cause these are being sold... for top dollar

peace

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
I guess different storkes for different folks, but once you buy something it's yours and you can do what ever you want with it. I buy vinly and I will never sell my shit, but I will rip it that's for sure. This way I can save my vinly so it last long. I guess Vinly junkie is going to have to switch his or her name to CD junkie lol (bad joke).:p

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
so what you are saying is you wouldn't give a flying fuck if this guy was selling his records and never wrote that he ripped them to CD?

pretend he didn't then ....

Richard Raiban

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by djskary
as much as i dont want to get bashed here.... and as much as its not that big of an issue

i agree fully with Spinsah. and i also agree with the irony involved here.

but whatever... u gotta do what u gotta do.

i just dont understand why everyone is all like... yo fuck you spinsah.... because he is obviously right in saying that it sucks that this dude is buying vinyl, then ripping it, then selling it.

especially if hes spinning out makin money with the music.
first & foremost i know this guy and he doesnt buy vinyl to rip on cds so that he can make some $$$, hes not hurting for cash believe me, he just "DOESNT WANT THEM ANYMORE" so why not sell it?!. he could EASILY save himself the time & torture BY PUCHAING ONLY mp3s from online music shops which i know he does. also, if you look @ the titles they are all OLD records, NOTHING "new new". now, would YOU repurchase those titles on mp3s and keep the vinyl (assuming you just dont want them anymore) or just sell the records? (knowing that your intesions WERENT to make easy money as Spinsah is putting it).

again, we are forgetting that he PAID for his records. he is just getting rid of records that he does not want/need anymore. buying records then selling your older collection is A LOT different than someone who just downloads all their music from soulseek, kazaa, limewire etc.

Last edited:

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
I'm not making an argument that is cruxed in vinyl purism, in fact quite the opposite. My problem is that he is maintaining the USE value of the records while still selling them for their full market EXCHANGE value.

This is far from a black and white issue, I'll be the first to admit that, but among DJ's I've always regarded this behaviour as taboo. In fact I don't view what he's doing any differently than a DJ who downloads a track from a P2P network and plays it out. Once he sells a record, in my opinion he voids any license to play out and make money off the tunes in question.

Clear?

Richard Raiban

TRIBE Member
I'm not making an argument that is cruxed in vinyl purism, in fact quite the opposite. My problem is that he is maintaining the USE value of the records while still selling them for their full market EXCHANGE value.

This is far from a black and white issue, I'll be the first to admit that, but among DJ's I've always regarded this behaviour as taboo. In fact I don't view what he's doing any differently than a DJ who downloads a track from a P2P network and plays it out. Once he sells a record, in my opinion he voids any license to play out and make money off the tunes in question.

Clear?
i understand your point, believe me i do but your post was almost suggesting that he does this on a regular basis trying to make $$$ when infact that isnt his goal (again, i can see your point in this but here is where we slightly differ. i think that just downloading all music from a p2p network and NEVER buying records/mp3s is worse). he isnt the type of guy who would go through all this trouble just to make extra $$$. why spend $15.00 a record, rip it onto cd then sell it for $8.00. there isnt even a guarantee that these people will but it. im sure there are a lot of people who do this to make a few extra bux but he isnt one of them.

sauce

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Richard Raiban
why spend $15.00 a record, rip it onto cd then sell it for $8.00. there isnt even a guarantee that these people will but it. im sure there are a lot of people who do this to make a few extra bux but he isnt one of them.
If this were the case he'd just buy the MP3 in the first place because it'd be cheaper.

If i hadn't just bought a condo i'd be all over a bunch of these vinyls LOL

peace

sauce

bump for the junkie

miller

TRIBE Member
i'd say there's a good chance most ppl in this thread have done somethin' illegal before!! we've prob. all even done somethin' in the greyer area of "immoral" too!!! so WTF, it might be lame but...

note to everyone: lie about why you are selling vinyl on tribe if the sale isn't a holier-than-thou transaction!

no wait...lying is immoral!

gotta love the irony for sure.