• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Program Manager - Youth Engagement through the Arts

emiwee

TRIBE Member
Just had this forwarded to me by a colleague...

PROGRAM MANAGER
YOUTH ENGAGEMENT THROUGH THE ARTS PROGRAM

(ONE YEAR CONTRACT POSITION WITH POSSIBLE RENEWAL)

The Funders Collaborative on Youth Engagement through the Arts (“Funders Collaborative”)** is committed to bringing together arts organizations and funders with interest in youth engagement and/or community arts to support the development and implementation of an innovative, collaborative funding program. Using a high engagement approach to grant-making, the Youth Engagement through the Arts Program works closely with diverse applicants (including youth-led organizations) to create and fund initiatives that support meaningful engagement of youth living in Toronto through quality arts opportunities.
The Funders Collaborative will also play an instrumental role in promoting a culture of change among arts, philanthropic and youth-serving organizations and government funders to encourage innovative and collaborative approaches to working with youth and youth-led organizations.
Reporting to the Executive Committee of the Funders Collaborative, the Program Manager will be responsible for overall administration, implementation and evaluation of a three year pilot funding program to support meaningful engagement of Toronto youth, who have experienced exclusion, through quality arts opportunities.

Salary Range: $50,000 per annum

Summary of Key Responsibilities

Working collaboratively with the youth, the Funders Collaborative, Executive Committee and Grant Review Team (which includes representatives/organizations with interest and involvement in the arts, philanthropy and youth engagement),

• Provide overall program administration to support delivery and evaluation of a new funding program
• Manage portfolio of grants and applications in preparation for review by Grant Review Team and approval by Executive Committee
• Develop and implement tracking mechanism to monitor active grants to ensure compliance with terms and conditions of the grant and provide support/intervention to grantees
• Provide overall administrative support to the Funders Collaborative, Executive Committee and Grant Review Team
• Recruit and train youth and adult volunteers for the Grant Review Team
• Facilitate creation of annual budget and operate the grant program within the budget as approved
• Respond to public queries and provide general guidance to potential grant applicants and develop tools/resources as required
• Develop and implement an outreach strategy to encourage high-quality innovative applications from youth-led organizations, organizations interested in arts/youth engagement and individual artists
• Work in a manner that fosters high engagement grant-making and supports the vision and goals of the Funders Collaborative.

Qualifications

• Post-secondary education in a related discipline and/ or a minimum of three years familiarity with granting processes.
• Proven ability to foster and develop positive working relationships across different sectors.
• Knowledge and experience working with youth, Toronto-based youth-led organizations/groups, arts and non-profit organizations.
• Experience in volunteer recruitment and training.
• Excellent organizational, financial-management, problem-solving, facilitation and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated abilities in writing, presentation and outreach.
• Willingness to work in a collaborative environment and encourage a culture of change and innovation.
• Good understanding of collaborative philanthropy, high engagement grant-making, principles of youth engagement and the value of the arts is an asset.
• Experience managing or administering grant programs is an asset.

To apply

Please submit a cover letter and resume no later than June 16, 2006 by fax, email or mail to:

Hiring Committee – Funders Collaborative
c/o Laidlaw Foundation
365 Bloor Street East, Suite 2000
Toronto, ON M4W 3L4

Fax: 416-975-1428

Email: mail@laidlawfdn.org

Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted

** Members of the Funders Collaborative currently include the United Way of Greater Toronto, Ontario Trillium Foundation, Ontario Arts Council, Department of Canadian Heritage, Ontario Arts Council, Toronto Arts Council, Metcalf Foundation, Toronto Community Foundation, Toronto Community Housing Corporation, Canada Council for the Arts, Ontario Ministry of Culture, City of Toronto – Culture Division and Laidlaw Foundation (also acting as general program administrator).

MoFo

TRIBE Member
The only thing I don't have is the 3-year minimum experience with granting processes. I would apply otherwise.

Do you know if they have lower level positions? Like Officers or Coordinators?
Hm.

emiwee

TRIBE Member
MoFo said:
The only thing I don't have is the 3-year minimum experience with granting processes. I would apply otherwise.

Do you know if they have lower level positions? Like Officers or Coordinators?
Hm.
I don't really know any details, so am not aware of any lower level positions.

Granting process is pretty straight forward. You've had experience developing project plans and "selling" your program to potential employers. Applying for grants is essentially similar, there's just usually a standardized process and format. It would be nice to have someone who knows firsthand how money gets spent in a program when setting up a new granting process.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Yup.
I've done budgeting, fund allocation and subsidy allocations..

And I've written 1 independent grant and assisted with one big one.. Hmm

So maybe I will apply.. Hmm..

Are you with this project?

Thanks Emma!

emiwee

TRIBE Member
MoFo said:
Yup.
I've done budgeting, fund allocation and subsidy allocations..

And I've written 1 independent grant and assisted with one big one.. Hmm

So maybe I will apply.. Hmm..

Are you with this project?

Thanks Emma!
Nope, not involved with this particular project.

I've written enough grants, though, to know that you definitely have the skills to do them.

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Applied. Hope I get a callback.

And thanks Emma. The more I looked it over, the more I felt I could do this. I tried to match my resume as much as possible.

Thanks for the heads up.

Metal Morphosis

TRIBE Member
MoFo said:
Applied. Hope I get a callback.

And thanks Emma. The more I looked it over, the more I felt I could do this. I tried to match my resume as much as possible.

Thanks for the heads up.
can i have your job if you get this one sunny?

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Yes! :) Haha.
But can you handle 750 people in your caseload?
The hottest guy came in today. Omg. I was blubbering like an idiot.

Though the contract ends in January if the woman who left to have a people returns.

That means my Outreach Officer position that I go back to will be open if I decided to resign.