• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Products Getting Smaller For The Same Price

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

[- FuNKtiOn -]

TRIBE Member
16oz has become the standard pint and is based on the American pint, as the 20oz pour is based from the British pint (aka Imperial Pint). Since craft beer is admittedly more costly to manufacture and distribute, I'm fully accepting of the 16oz pour which most craft brands use for their glassware as I'm getting a better beer. If the alcohol percentage is higher (usually 8% and above) I will even tolerate the 12oz pour that you'll find at a lot of beer bars for those higher ABV's.

The rule is that the bar has to list the glass size on the menu and then they can choose whatever size of glass they want, which has led to more places doing 14oz or 15oz pours. I'll admit, the places that pour less than 16oz (unless the higher ABVs mentioned) I'm less likely to return to.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Toblerone triangle change upsets fans - BBC News

Toblerone 400g down to 360g, 170g down to 150g

New toblerone vs. original LOL:

2583.jpg

acheron

TRIBE Member
Christie Cookies (Oreo, Chips Ahoy!, Fudgee-O, Dad's,) all getting smaller - down 25-30g per package.

acheron

TRIBE Member
Natrel Milk and Cream cartons - 500mL down to 473mL, 250mL down to 237mL

This is of particular interest to people who cook with cream - when a recipe calls for 1 cup of cream, now you will need more than one carton and have a ton left over.

acheron

TRIBE Member
Now to be fair, 473mL is a US Pint. So this may also reflect a change in strategy on the part of parent company Agropur, perhaps to offer packaging services to cross-border clients.