• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Products Getting Smaller For The Same Price

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
Speaking of dairy country, the shop I was at today didn't have the local brand of (real without any preservatives or stabilizers) cream so I thought I could live with Sealtest one time. Too bad they come in 473ml size. Liters motherfucker. Do you speak it.

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

acheron

TRIBE Member
Balderson Cheddar Cheese blocks 300g down to 280g

This is a new trend that vendors are trying - blending to reduce cost/price. In effect 'watering down' the product:

Grocery chains' fresh ground beef now also available as ground beef+pork (not clear what the percentages are)

Allen's Apple Juice - now available in a blended, "From Concentrate and Not From Concentrate" variety.

Primavera

TRIBE Member
bottles of coke in convenience stores have gone from 591ml to 500ml rather unexpectedly recently

pepsi products remain 591ml.

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
How much does a regular chocolate bar (like Oh Henry) run for at your average convenience store now? Last time I was in Canada I paid $2.

I can get a Snickers here for 50 cents.

acheron

TRIBE Member
Bastards

Lays/Ruffles/Doritos Chips (various) 235g down to 230g, 225g down to 220g, 185g down to 180g

diablo

TRIBE Member
How much does a regular chocolate bar (like Oh Henry) run for at your average convenience store now? Last time I was in Canada I paid $2.

I can get a Snickers here for 50 cents.

Snickers has never been $2 unless you're at the movies or something.

77 cents + tax at Dollarama, about a buck elsewhere.

acheron

TRIBE Member
In a bit of good news, people will notice that potato chips and cereal boxes are on the upswing lately, size-wise, due to vinegar and sugar prices being more competitive because of our weaker dollar.

acheron

TRIBE Member
Oasis Orange Juice, 2.63L down to 2.5L, 1.75L down to 1.65L
other orange juice vendors will likely follow suit.

wickedken

TRIBE Member
So has anyone else run into the small pints at pubs? I think it's 14 oz or something but noticeably smaller than your "standard pint"? You will see this at the brazenhead.