1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Producer Factory

Discussion in 'Electronic Music Producers Forum' started by Sal De Ban, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

Anyone heard about this? Blows my mind.

Producer Factory: The lowest reached point in EDM so far | Stoney Roads

2. cosmosuave

cosmosuave TRIBE Member

Read that a week or so ago... Pretty fucking bad... Go's to show if you have money you can buy anything if you have no conscience...

3. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

It's horrible. People are justifying it by saying this has always happened but never has it been so easy or has anyone built a mass-market business around it. You used to have to find a ghost writer and pay them a ton of money to do it. This just makes it too easy.

4. alison87

alison87 TRIBE Member

I hate the concept of buying Soundcloud plays. It totally undermines the point of the site, which is to make it easier for artists to share their music with fans and with other artists. It's like buying YouTube views or something. There's not really any reason for anyone besides the uploader to care how many plays there are. Fixing the count is about as pointless as those joke Geocities counters that said "12375830 visitors to this page since January 7, 1996".

Though retweets and "shares" i feel differently about - those were designed as spamming tools from day one, so these guys are just using them how they're supposed to be used.

And as for the the production? Pfft. There have been stables of musicians writing songs without attribution since the earliest days of music. We have centuries of evidence showing the only people who have a problem with that are self-important artistes who think everyone should be starving and miserable like they are. It's a business, guys. The ghostwriters are getting paid to do something they enjoy, and the customers are paying to keep their brand current in the area of the industry they enjoy (performing). Everyone wins.

5. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

Giant load of bullshit. you get the basically a clipart bmp version of a fucked up track.

congratulations.. otherwise, they'd be labelling it out themselves.

cool, bro!

6. RumRogerz

RumRogerz TRIBE Member

FINALLY

*dumps midi controller*

7. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

I imagine this would be an interesting resource for marketing/ad companies that want to add music to a presentation / campaign / commercial, and not worry about any copyright issues.

i also realized that hip hop artists have already been purchasing clipart beats for years - there's a website (cant think of the name) but basically it's a hiphop istockphoto.