• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Prodigy Review!

Impure Productions

TRIBE Promoter
Party was incredible, 2 bad they didn't play abit longer though!

Hearing Voodoo People live was just amazing! Amazing stage presence + the crowd was just eating it up!

Thanks to the Guv for sorting out the night + BIG UP Robb G for opening it all up!

D-Syfa

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
Prodigy - Adam Freeland @ Kool Haus March 21/06

GREAT NIGHT.
who was the opening dj tho...he messed up more than my maid.
adam freeland played his generic set...hes a much better dj than an opening act.

Prodigy ruled...they played wicked.
Maxim stepped WAYYYYY into the crowd, onto the bar near the entrance door, and ruled the show.
keith was okay, but Maxim ruled.
closed with OUT OF SPACE.
perfect.
now i know WHY we're made to wait 5 years for these guys..

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
:D

I'm really happy I got to go in the end. I almost got screwed over by not having a ticket. :rolleyes:

anyway,

some tracks were such sooo fucking awesome to hear live.

For instance,

voodoo people
breathe
smack my bitch up
out of space [SO AWESOME]

It was so worth the wait.

we reached there around 8 summat?

The queue was wrapped around the block, ending at the entrance of the gallery.

was at the second on the outside skirts of the moshpit.

somehow, I survived. so worth it.

Freeland did kick ass. Sorry, we couldn't hear your set properly, Robb G. The sound was fucked.

wasn't a sausage fest at all.

I wish they had raise the platform so everyone could see, instead of being fucked over by some really tall person in front of you. I had the pleasure of standing behind a kandikid/punkster with bunny ears or some shit.

props to security. lots of peeps were carried from the back to the front row.

few fucked up peeps of course.

It was awesome Maxim and Keith were wicked.

Throwing water, Keith spat out water on some of us. hehehe.

really glad to have gone with some TA peeps.

it was awesome to get a glimpse.

p.s. coatcheck was a bitch to get out.

johnny B rad

TRIBE Member
the opening dj was Robb G. I didn't hear much of his set as the volume was waaayy low and sounded shit. Adam Freeland was boring and didn't impress me at all. The PRODIGY fuckin killed it. Awesome set and great energy. Voodoo people, poison, break and enter, firestarter, spitfire, out of space. wicked night. the only tune I didn't like was the weird version of hotride. love the original but didn't care for this. And there was one crazy fast jungle tune which was wicked but unsure of what it was. PRODIGY rocks!!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

RumRogerz

TRIBE Member
Twas a solid party.
I got banged up good tho; it got violent at some parts. But all in the name of good times

djb

TRIBE Member
That was just awesome.

It was too bad that the sound was so low during Rob G's set.. I always enjoy hearing him.

Adam Freeland was pretty good.. but a little too slow... maybe it's just me, but I just kept wishing that he'd speed it up a little.

The Prodigy was better than I expected.. and I expected a lot. They just owned the crowd.. I've never seen energy quite like that in Toronto.

crabgrass

TRIBE Member
AMAZING!!!!!
i think Robb G set was suppose to be quiet ( opening ) ,i think????
i thought his set would have been great if it was a bit louder
closed out with cowgirl
i thought adams set was great for this crowd; original led zepplin ( whole lotta love ), ac/dc, d'n'b remix of the white stripes and of course his assortment of marine parade tracks, can't wait til next friday

What can i say about PRODIGY
Maxim gave us the birthday gift not the other way around
this show was a hundred times better than the Fat Of The Land Tour concert
this was my favorite concert i've probably ever been to
SOOOOO MUCH ENERGY, lots of favorites played ( but updated )
Never thought i would say this about a guv event but the security did a wicked job; helping the body surfers off the crowd, throwing out the losers
i need to get more sleeeeeeeeep, back to work
FUCK 'EM AND THEIR LAW

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
Prodigy were awesome! I get to see them again on Saturday in Miami to! :D

Freeland had a few good moments, but overall nothing special.

back to sleep now ;)

JEMZ

TRIBE Member
I thought The Prodigy were absolutely mediocre!!!

They were so canned and unrehearsed. They got everything wrong all night... but I knew the reviews would be good.

Smoke and mirrors, nothing more.

greginhali

TRIBE Member
the show was wickeeet.....my ears are still ringing....no sleep...no suffering at work.......vodoo people and posion were off the hook.....and the crowd was totally into it...no dick heads...just people that came to dance and rock out....good one....

only complaint is to the guv......fuck.....if you are going to have a sold out show....put more than two fucking bartenders behind the bar.....beer waits were to dam long......have some class guv.....

kyfe

TRIBE Member
awesome show,

I often tell people that Toronto partiers lack a personality when compared to other big cities i've visited, were often spoiled as we get so much top talent.

Last night is what I expect every time I go out, an insane vibe tonnes of friendly people and lots of fun. People were there to have a good time and it showed.

I think I lost my voice/....again

12 reviews and only 1 critic, pretty impressive for tribe.

Smoke and mirrors? seriously what did you think you were going to see? Beethoven

JEMZ

TRIBE Member
kyfe said:
Smoke and mirrors? seriously what did you think you were going to see? Beethoven
I thought I was going to hear a band that actually sounded like they had been together for 15 years, not a 3rd rate MC who could not get the 6 words on their songs right or even placed in proper time sequence with the beats. It was like being at the gym and listening to the aerobics instructor in a "body fit" class IMHO.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
JEMZ said:
I thought I was going to hear a band that actually sounded like they had been together for 15 years, not a 3rd rate MC who could not get the 6 words on their songs right or even placed in proper time sequence with the beats. It was like being at the gym and listening to the aerobics instructor in a "body fit" class IMHO.
LOL, I know what you mean but the prodigy has never been a tight live act, they're all about creating chaos and inciting riots. Personally I 'd rather hear them being spontanious than sounding just like the album.

If you like tight live acts, check out John Spensers Blues Explosion if you ever get the chance. Awesome performance and lots of energy on stage

rhyss

TRIBE Member
I also was not impressed by Adam Freeland...but as I was reminded, this was not a DJ set, it was an opening set.

I always forget how much I hate the Koolhaus as a venue. I am too short to enjoy myself.

Prodigy was amazing....nuff said.

JEMZ

TRIBE Member
kyfe said:
LOL, I know what you mean but the prodigy has never been a tight live act, they're all about creating chaos and inciting riots. Personally I 'd rather hear them being spontanious than sounding just like the album.

If you like tight live acts, check out John Spensers Blues Explosion if you ever get the chance. Awesome performance and lots of energy on stage
I am glad everyone had a great time, I could tell everyone was. I just felt like it was Prodigy doing a cover of Prodigy rather than actually performing an original live set of music.

crabgrass

TRIBE Member
Most live acts are "not tight" vocally. The music should be in sync...but i prefer if the vocals sound somewhat improvised. Keith & Maxim co-wrote these songs so they can sing them however they want IMO. If the live act was so tight it sounded like the album i would feel ripped off. Might as well throw the c.d. in and lip sync.

rhyss

TRIBE Member
Did anyone else see "punchy von punchenheimer" during Adam Freeland at the right of the stage near the front. He almost took everyone out within a 10'-0" radius with his double arm punches to the air and big dance moves. No one could tell him to stop because everyone around him was smaller then he was.

Wasn't sure whether to laugh or take a step back.

newstyle666

TRIBE Member
JEMZ said:
I thought The Prodigy were absolutely mediocre!!!

They were so canned and unrehearsed. They got everything wrong all night... but I knew the reviews would be good.

Smoke and mirrors, nothing more.
Agreed. Smoke and mirrors... they showed up. Played a few tracks... posed for the crowd. They seem tired, a little bit of the old "lets do a tour, make a few bucks and go home" style.

HOWEVER, it was not all bad. Spitfire was very cool. Best of the new stuff. Breath and Smack my Bitch Up was nice to see live.

REMI XO

TRIBE Member
IT was a great concert and I had a great time....but prodigy could of made this the best dance event toronto had seen in the past 6 years if they changed the way they presented themselves.

1 - they were long pauses between songs. maybe the wanted people to catch their breath but I found that it took away from the crazy vibe they suppose to bring. or maybe they tried to strech a 90 min set into 2 hours.

2 - I know they have a huge back catalogue of tracks why not put together a medley of their big hits and play a MEGA-MIX of them all cause their were some obvious omissions from set.
FIRE, EVERYBODY IN THE PLACE, YOUR LOVE, THE WAY IT IS, JERICHO....

It think the reason I had such a great time wasnt because of prodigy I think it was the awesome energy TORONTO brought to the KoolHaus ON A TUESDAY. Prodigy unfortunately didnt take advantage of their good fortune.......

ramdom thoughts:

BODY SURFING AT PARTIES IS AWESOME......
I wish body surfing was acceptable at toronto nightclubs.....we need more of it....

Seeing everbody clap in unison was beautiful to see...

JuNiOrR

TRIBE Member
Dear god am I ever hurting...

but boy was it worth it!

Dreamt about The Prodigy and meeting them last night... very weird.

Anyway... There were tunes and there were tears... There was Body surfing and there were beers... There were smiles as far as I could see... and every friend I'd want near me(aside from robin)...

It was amazing... I wish I could say I took pictures however I called the Kool Haus earlier in the day and they said not to bring it as it may be confiscated...

Wouldn't have happend and I'm pissed. Not only did we get walked in due to Ocean still having all his contacts there(even though I was the one that hired him), but everyone else had digitals... try taking a cell phone picture at a concert whilst getting knocked around in a mosh pit... does not work. All my pictures are blurs.

Anyway.... It was exactly what I wanted if not more... and better.

Sore from mosh pits... Sore from body surfing... Sore from Alchohol... Sore from jumping over the coat check barricade to jump in line with Saiyan and landing flat on my back on the other side... and then having to jump back over as security asked me to leave ... Thank God for Ocean again as he worked his magic and got our coats within two minutes.

All I can say was WOW... Now can somone go to work for me today?
While feeling awestruck