• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

problems deleting

depraved

TRIBE Member
Couldn't delete a file from folder or from recycle bin; says it's in use by an app (it isn't as far as I know; I tried after coming in from a clean reboot).

I was able to kill it from a DOS prompt -- being old skool & remembering how to do stuff from the prompt came in handy.

Anyways, what's the deal; why couldn't I kill the file the normal way?

Aaron Bradley

TRIBE Promoter
depraved said:
Couldn't delete a file from folder or from recycle bin; says it's in use by an app (it isn't as far as I know; I tried after coming in from a clean reboot).

I was able to kill it from a DOS prompt -- being old skool & remembering how to do stuff from the prompt came in handy.

Anyways, what's the deal; why couldn't I kill the file the normal way?

It was probably a virus infected file. The reason why you PROBABLY couldn't delete and I think I know the *window alert* you are talking about is because it (the process) was owned by the system... this is just like the SAM in windows. If you try to access a file that is in use by the system, you will get that error.

Now, if it wasn't a virus infected file (which it could have been) then I don't know how you got it to the recycling bin???? This is why I think it is a virus. What was the name of the file???

AB

depraved

TRIBE Member
Aaron Bradley said:
It was probably a virus infected file. The reason why you PROBABLY couldn't delete and I think I know the *window alert* you are talking about is because it (the process) was owned by the system... this is just like the SAM in windows. If you try to access a file that is in use by the system, you will get that error.

Now, if it wasn't a virus infected file (which it could have been) then I don't know how you got it to the recycling bin???? This is why I think it is a virus. What was the name of the file???

AB

It was a pr0n .avi torrent (and a ho hum one at that, hence the deletion)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders