• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

problem with General Forum

groovespinna

TRIBE Member
I cant view about half of the threads in here. like the 24 one, and the weekend one for example. I know others can because I can see new posts. but when I open it, it goes to a "page not available, server whatever..." page.
me only?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
glych t.anomaly said:
snicker

[jai]

Are you using hybrid mode? hybrid mode or threaded mode does not work all the time with big threads. Linear mode is tested.

Also, I need more detail beside: "I can't see threads!"

1. browser and what version
2. operating system
3. cookies enabled?
4. What vB style are you using vB default (blue) or workaholic (gray)
5. What thread is this specific for (thread URL)

groovespinna

TRIBE Member
if I could get you the URL of the threads, I would, but it goes to "http:/// (nothing) " right away. I live on this board at work. nothing has changed. XP, IE, cookies enabled, vb blue. Weekend thread, 24 thread, etc.

Kazoo

TRIBE Member
groovespinna said:
if I could get you the URL of the threads, I would, but it goes to "http:/// (nothing) " right away. I live on this board at work. nothing has changed. XP, IE, cookies enabled, vb blue. Weekend thread, 24 thread, etc.
Probably means your work has caught on. Expect a call from IT and/or HR soon.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I have not been able to recreate the issue here using firefox or exploder however I willl ask vB if anyone else has experienced this.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Skipper

TRIBE Member
alexd said:
Are you using hybrid mode? hybrid mode or threaded mode does not work all the time with big threads. Linear mode is tested.

Also, I need more detail beside: "I can't see threads!"

1. browser and what version
2. operating system
3. cookies enabled?
4. What vB style are you using vB default (blue) or workaholic (gray)
5. What thread is this specific for (thread URL)
1. IE v6.0
2. Windows XP
3. yes
4. workaholic
5. the threads I can't see keep changing...yesterday it was page 81 of the girl stuff forum

what is linear mode vs hybrid mode?

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Subsonic Chronic said:
For the record, I haven't experienced any of these problems and I'm using IE 6.0 at work and Mozilla at home.
it might have something to do with page compression however I am going to wait till I hear back from vB before doing anything