• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Probably want to avoid the DVP this morning (flooding)

acheron

TRIBE Member
Major flooding shuts down large stretch of DVP | CP24.com

The Don River has overflowed, forcing police to shut down a major stretch of the Don Valley Parkway.
The highway was closed in both directions between Bloor Street and the Gardiner Expressway at around 4 a.m.
Reports from the scene suggest that water has risen above the steel guardrails alongside the highway at certain spots.
“The water is still rising and we expect this closure to last throughout the day,” Staff Sgt. Brian Bowman told CP24 early Wednesday morning. “Maybe there are some workers who don’t absolutely have to go to work today and maybe they want to see if they can consult their employer and see if there is another way to do business.”

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
BALLS, i am right close to the DVP and man when the torrential rain storms started i was like FOK, need to shut my window.

ITS A BEAUTIFUL DAY FOR A BIKE RIDE ;)

acheron

TRIBE Member
Rob Ford went for a swim in the Don this morning, he's trying to lose weight people leave him a lone for once ffs

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

coleridge

TRIBE Member
If anybody's down in that area and wants to see what the level of the 100-year/Regional flood is, just take a look on the west side where the Pan Am athlete village is currently being constructed. See how everything has been raised and there is all those big boulders and rocks being placed on the side slopes. That is the height of the flooding that will happen when we get the big one. Everything south of Queen will be under 4 feet of water.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
If anybody's down in that area and wants to see what the level of the 100-year/Regional flood is, just take a look on the west side where the Pan Am athlete village is currently being constructed. See how everything has been raised and there is all those big boulders and rocks being placed on the side slopes. That is the height of the flooding that will happen when we get the big one. Everything south of Queen will be under 4 feet of water.
It won't reach Greenwood hopefully!

silver1

TRIBE Member
My DVP drive this morning was gorgeous.

Don Mills exit up to 404/Hwy 7 exit took 15 minutes.

Bu I won't talk about how long it took me to get from Hwy 7 Exit to my work...... Constrcution up on 7 now is rediculous.