• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

pro tools as a sequencer

beaker

TRIBE Member
just wondering if anyone has tried pro tools 6's midi sequencing capabilities. now that you can get a vsti wrapper i was just wondering what sort of shortcomings it would have compared to cubase and logic, etc...

we're getting an mbox here at work so i figure i might take it home for a weekend and give it a whirl.

Isosceles_CAT

TRIBE Promoter
Protools has never been the strongest when it comes to MIDI, although there has been significant improvement in recent versions. I have been hearing rumours that the next version of Protools & Protools LE will have major upgrades to its MIDI implementation. My $0.02 FWIW...

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Isosceles_CAT
Protools has never been the strongest when it comes to MIDI, although there has been significant improvement in recent versions. I have been hearing rumours that the next version of Protools & Protools LE will have major upgrades to its MIDI implementation. My $0.02 FWIW...
On the HD system with version 6 I never had a problem and I know lots of ppl who say the midi is tight.

Older version I cant argue it was all good though.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

wayne bradbury

TRIBE Member
I used Pro ToolsLE 5.0.1 on OS 9.0.4 and the midi was running problem free. If I upgraded to 9.1 or later the midi timing got really fucked up. I don't really use it for midi anymore but the audio manipulation is still good.