1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

printers that print on cd's

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by swenard, Aug 26, 2003.

1. swenard

swenard TRIBE Member

I want to get a printer for printing directly onto DVD's and CD's. I have searched the web and all I can find are expensive thermal ones. I only need an inkjet one. Are there any inexpensive printers that will do this job. For now I am happy printing onto labels, but I would really love to print directly onto the disc.

Also, I'm trying to find a nice cd holder of some sort. I want something (furniture) that will hold LOTS of DVD's and Cd's without the cases. Maybe a rolodex style of cd holder? Has anyone seen anything like this? I want something that looks really nice and is unique. Not something from Wal-mart! I'm getting sick of the cd binders. I have too many! I've already bought a 200 disc changer for my CD's. But, now I want something for my PS2 games and my DVD collection.

If anyone has suggestions for either, I would really appreciate it.

Shawn

2. g0nz0

g0nz0 TRIBE Member

yes..this one Epson 900

u can get is here

cheers,

z0-

*edit* incase the link didnt work: futureshop carries it for 300$ - its under the colour inkjet section

3. defazman

defazman TRIBE Member

But you would have to use special ink jet printable cds/dvds. Are there special discs with paper-ish coating on them? I wouldnt think printer ink would stick to a regular cd.

4. bucky

bucky TRIBE Member

5. swenard

swenard TRIBE Member

That's pretty much what I use already. I want to get white labelled discs though and print them my self. It not only looks nicer but it goes on the dics perfectly everytime!!!

6. swenard

swenard TRIBE Member

That's perfect! I checked Epson's web site last night (as I would prefer Epson) and I never noticed this one. I didn't realize that you could get ones that would do both paper and discs.

I'll have to find someone to buy my Epson C80 from me, then I will go grab one of these!

7. swenard

swenard TRIBE Member

After checking out the printers a little bit, I've decided on getting the Epson Stylus Photo 960.

[​IMG]

Does anyone know a retailer that would carry this?

I checked the usual stores I got to(futureshop, bestbuy,etc.) and I didn't see it.

8. Soundstream

Soundstream TRIBE Member

This is the one that I would highly recommend: Primera Signature IV.

This one is a cheaper Epson model, but I have no experience with it.

There are others that you can find here.

Just keep in mind that you need to purchase special CD-Rs and DVD-Rs in order to have them printed on properly.

Cheers ... Ian :)