• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

print shop / business cards

gsnuff

TRIBE Promoter
Any suggestions? I had a falling out with Captain Copy over my last job so I need a new print shop. Recommendations for places downtown, with a quick turnaround, and decent prices would be appreciated. I have to get a stack o' business cards printed this week.

,g
 
Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

madnezz

TRIBE Member
i got some done at Alicos Copies on the south east corner of college and st. George for cheap and they did a good job. Wasn't super fast, but I got them the same week at least.

I think staples has new prices for cards too which seem decent..
 

artemis

TRIBE Member
i go to several providers; what are your cards like? diff places have diff discounts based on specs - how many colours, paper quality, doblesided?

if you lemme know, i'd be happy to forward the best contact i know of...
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

gsnuff

TRIBE Promoter
artemis said:
i go to several providers; what are your cards like? diff places have diff discounts based on specs - how many colours, paper quality, doblesided?

if you lemme know, i'd be happy to forward the best contact i know of...

double sided business cards, b&w, 12 point card or heavier, glossy on both sides. Run of 1000, or 500 if I could find a decent price.

All the quotes I've found are for 4 colour, so perhaps I can find a slightly cheaper price since my cards are dead simple b&w (note not a greyscale w/ gradations).

If you could hook me up w/ a lead that would be appreciated. I'm going to check out pronto and maud. Thanks!

,g
 

newstyle666

TRIBE Member
Printer Gateway !! 416 840 0884 - http://www.printergateway.com

They are a trade establishment, meaning they print for places like Digital Propaganda and Mod Street, TPH etc... you will be simply eliminating the middle man and getting the best rates possible.

Ask for Brian, and tell them Graham sent you. You'll b looking at $99 for 5,000 full colour, double sided cards on 14pt card stock - just for example. Can't get a price that good anywhere else in downtown Toronto. They have 3 in-house Hiedelburg 4/4 CTP sheet presses. [Top of the line equipment]. Basically they can handle any print requirements.. you'll be very happy. Trust me on that.
 

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Whatever you do, don't bother with Staples. They can't even size them properly let alone get the colours right.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

gsnuff

TRIBE Promoter
newstyle666 said:
Printer Gateway !! 416 840 0884 - http://www.printergateway.com

They are a trade establishment, meaning they print for places like Digital Propaganda and Mod Street, TPH etc... you will be simply eliminating the middle man and getting the best rates possible.

Ask for Brian, and tell them Graham sent you. You'll b looking at $99 for 5,000 full colour, double sided cards on 14pt card stock - just for example. Can't get a price that good anywhere else in downtown Toronto. They have 3 in-house Hiedelburg 4/4 CTP sheet presses. [Top of the line equipment]. Basically they can handle any print requirements.. you'll be very happy. Trust me on that.

Well, the prices are amazing.. I'll contact them.

,g
 

thom100

TRIBE Member
newstyle666 said:
Printer Gateway !! 416 840 0884 - http://www.printergateway.com

They are a trade establishment, meaning they print for places like Digital Propaganda and Mod Street, TPH etc... you will be simply eliminating the middle man and getting the best rates possible.

Ask for Brian, and tell them Graham sent you. You'll b looking at $99 for 5,000 full colour, double sided cards on 14pt card stock - just for example. Can't get a price that good anywhere else in downtown Toronto. They have 3 in-house Hiedelburg 4/4 CTP sheet presses. [Top of the line equipment]. Basically they can handle any print requirements.. you'll be very happy. Trust me on that.

did anyone end up using these guys?
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

newstyle666

TRIBE Member
Printer Gateway http://www.printergateway.com is still the absolute best place in the GTA. Service and turnaround is very fast. Almost all the city-based print establishments outsource to Printer Gateway. Again, they are a trade print facility - meaning they own a large warehouse and own professional offset CTP presses. If eliminating the middle-man and getting the trade rate is what you want, call Brian at Printer Gateway and tell him Graham sent you.

-G
 

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
digital propaganda. all the presses are in house. they're around king and bathurst. 416-204-9974. ask for Bobby and tell him that Evan told you to call them. ;)
 

SENSEi

TRIBE Promoter
ev said:
digital propaganda. all the presses are in house. they're around king and bathurst. 416-204-9974. ask for Bobby and tell him that Evan told you to call them. ;)

Agreed.
I think they are around $100 for 5000 biz cards as well.

At least it was a few years ago.
 

the gatekeeper

TRIBE Member
I paid 150 for 2-sided, full colour there a couple of months ago. I can't remember the quantity of the top of my head but it was at least 1,000.

Anyone have a good place for sticker printing? I'm waiting on a quote from them for that but am open to other suggestions.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

newstyle666

TRIBE Member
The price at Printer Gateway is 50% less than that of Digital Propaganda for better quality and more product. Printer Gateway's administrative and sales office is located at 77 Bathurst St. West, Suite 300. (King + Bathurst).
 

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
gsnuff said:
double sided business cards, b&w, 12 point card or heavier, glossy on both sides. Run of 1000, or 500 if I could find a decent price.

All the quotes I've found are for 4 colour, so perhaps I can find a slightly cheaper price since my cards are dead simple b&w (note not a greyscale w/ gradations).

If you could hook me up w/ a lead that would be appreciated. I'm going to check out pronto and maud. Thanks!

,g

Intaprint do business cards and so do this other place on teh same street..I can't remember the name though hah..it's at instaprint's at knig/portland..right beside the strip club..i used to work there..except they can't do double sided for 12 pt bc it's too thick. They only have glossy..but they do a good job. The other company is closer to bathurst on the same side of the street. The name starts with an A..and they have a sign on the side walk, you can't miss it. Pronto was actually one of our clients..wouldn't surprise me if we did them for that company haha.
 

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
newstyle666 said:
The price at Printer Gateway is 50% less than that of Digital Propaganda for better quality and more product. Printer Gateway's administrative and sales office is located at 77 Bathurst St. West, Suite 300. (King + Bathurst).



DP will beat almost any competitors price
 

Hipsterave

TRIBE Promoter
DP was really good to me for a while but when i got a lower price they said they wouldnt match it. However I hear in recent days they have come around and are matching.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Top