• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Prince Suprise Show @ Massey Hall Tonight

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
That's the rumour. Possibly $10.

Completely not in the cards for me today otherwise I'd be there lined up right now.

Techdruid

TRIBE Member
haha they leaked this on Breakfast Television... if those bunch of family wankers haven't lined up there may be some hope.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Techdruid

TRIBE Member
Tix at 6 PM. For those who didn't get there before the sun rose, good freakin' luck. But 10 bucks, wow. Apparently Prince spends quite a bit of time up here... so after his stint on SNL may just be showing some love for our city.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
On Breakfast Television they were there and at 8:30 there were about 10 people there. If my day was different I would have gone then. At this point I'm sure it's mayhem.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
Tix at 6 PM. For those who didn't get there before the sun rose, good freakin' luck. But 10 bucks, wow. Apparently Prince spends quite a bit of time up here... so after his stint on SNL may just be showing some love for our city.

He used to live on Bridlepath and was married to someone I know's sister, so yeah he spent lots of time in Toronto

erika

TRIBE Member
I'm reading all about this on twitter and so wish I was not stuck up here in North York right now! I've never seen him live and would love to.

acheron

TRIBE Member
saw the purple rain tour back in 1985 - haven't seen him since, but judging from the performance on SNL, he hasn't lost a single chop. Heck he doesn't even look like he's aged ffs.

3RDEYEGIRL or whatever they're called are massive. Local Toronto guitar genius Donna Grantis [recruited a couple of years ago] plays co-guitarist for Prince, and she if anyone is able to keep up with his purple badness with aplomb. Here's a shot I got of her when she was playing with Saidah Baba Talibeh at the Toronto Jazz Festival.
7462240636_6362e2ce74_c.jpg

Rage

TRIBE Member
A buddy who worked with Prince's lead engineer and guitar tech the last two days says there are two shows at Massey Hall & a 3rd, yet to be determined venue but he thinks it's the Guv.

rave jedi

TRIBE Member
I'm watching CP24 and listening to what the fans are saying outside of Massey Hall. I agree with exactly what they are saying. He won't disappoint his fans and he'll be there tonight. I would bet money he'll be there as well.

erika

TRIBE Member
Yes there was going to be a show! Prince decided moments ago he just "wasn't feeling it" So Sad. #Prince (from @josiedye)

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Yeah it must have been planned to actually happen at some point. People in my Facebook who would have definitely been in the know were acting like it was happening. Methinks he lost some of his Toronto love today.