• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

prince paul

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
The man can mix and definitely scratch, but to be honest I would've preferred it if he'd played more of his own stuff. He did a set that was basically a history of hip-hop (from Jackson 5 all the way up to Dre, Snoop, etc), but he was cutting through tracks so fast that you couldn't properly get into them.

It was kind of irksome because the vast majority of what he was playing was what you'd hear at a normal night at NFA (which is probably more of a credit to the NFA folks than a dig at Prince Paul).

It was a good night nonetheless, and it was awesome to spend my birthday in the presence of one of my absolute favourite producers, but the set did not quite live up to my expectations. Nice running into Erica and Mr. Rollin
Cash though.

djdeposit

TRIBE Member
He also could have eased up on some of the trebble in a couple instances.

ow my ears

overall though a good vibe

Resolver

TRIBE Member
Are we talking about the one and only Paul McCartney? If so, he played really good at the ACC last night. Wicked show Kiddies!

res

djdeposit

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Resolver
Are we talking about the one and only Paul McCartney? If so, he played really good at the ACC last night. Wicked show Kiddies!

res
haha
i think this thread is deemed towards the show that was at the gypsy co-op on sat

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by djdeposit
haha
i think this thread is deemed towards the show that was at the gypsy co-op on sat
Really? I was talking about McCartney.

When Paul played that cover of De La Soul's "Buddy" I was popping like mad. And those digs at the Black Eyed Peas? Shame!