1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

prince paul

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by Hipsterave, Oct 9, 2005.

1. Hipsterave

Hipsterave TRIBE Promoter

how was it?

2. JESuX

JESuX TRIBE Member

3. litespeed

litespeed Well-Known TRIBEr

Re: Re: prince paul

4. Flashy_McFlash

Flashy_McFlash Well-Known TRIBEr

The man can mix and definitely scratch, but to be honest I would've preferred it if he'd played more of his own stuff. He did a set that was basically a history of hip-hop (from Jackson 5 all the way up to Dre, Snoop, etc), but he was cutting through tracks so fast that you couldn't properly get into them.

It was kind of irksome because the vast majority of what he was playing was what you'd hear at a normal night at NFA (which is probably more of a credit to the NFA folks than a dig at Prince Paul).

It was a good night nonetheless, and it was awesome to spend my birthday in the presence of one of my absolute favourite producers, but the set did not quite live up to my expectations. Nice running into Erica and Mr. Rollin
    Cash though.

5. djdeposit

djdeposit TRIBE Member

He also could have eased up on some of the trebble in a couple instances.

ow my ears

overall though a good vibe

6. Resolver

Resolver TRIBE Member

Are we talking about the one and only Paul McCartney? If so, he played really good at the ACC last night. Wicked show Kiddies!

res

7. djdeposit

djdeposit TRIBE Member

haha
    i think this thread is deemed towards the show that was at the gypsy co-op on sat

8. Flashy_McFlash

Really? I was talking about McCartney.

When Paul played that cover of De La Soul's "Buddy" I was popping like mad. And those digs at the Black Eyed Peas? Shame!

9. kuba

kuba TRIBE Member

holy shit matt, that's the stupidest thing you've ever written on tribe.

10. Flashy_McFlash

I thought he was joking but upon rereading it, perhaps not.