• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Prince of Persia

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
Just started it last night (on PS2.)

This game looks like it will raise the bar again. It pretty well plays like the cut scenes you watch. The fights are brilliant. I love that when you hit the X button (jump) in combat who end up doing all kinds of crazy matrix flips and walk overs off the enemy. Running along those walls is trippy too.

What I like most however is that when PS3 comes out I will be able to play this game on the new console if I want to because it's not a piece of shit money sucking X-BOX with no backwards compatability.

So suck on that you Microsoft whores!

:p

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Werd!

I have it for the Gamecube and I've beaten it like a bad bad donkey.

It rocks my socks!

Plus it helps that everytime I use the daggers power of time I yell out "REEEEEEWIND!"

(I'm such a geek)

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
Ditto I have the game for da Xbox and this game could get really challenging sometimes. I'm stuck on this on part with a big pit of spikes and a rope to swing on...well lets just say I'm fucking lost. Sometimes when you're lost in that game you do something by accident and find your way to the next board.

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Evil Dynovac
Just started it last night (on PS2.)
What I like most however is that when PS3 comes out I will be able to play this game on the new console if I want to because it's not a piece of shit money sucking X-BOX with no backwards compatability.

So suck on that you Microsoft whores!

You PS nazi:p

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
My dad just bought this game. I have yet to visit him though, but I'm dying to try it.

My brother went and visited him and played for 14 hours straight.

ps. My Dad lives in the middle of nowhere so there's very little to do.

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
I didn't get very far into it yet and I died like twenty times at this one part of the tuitorial.

Of course, drinking half a bottle of scotch and smoking a dube didn't help my play skillz.

"DUDE! (that's my wife who fell asleep on the couch) This guy is walking on the wall. I think I broke the game! DUDE!!!"

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MOD ONE
Ditto I have the game for da Xbox and this game could get really challenging sometimes. I'm stuck on this on part with a big pit of spikes and a rope to swing on...well lets just say I'm fucking lost. Sometimes when you're lost in that game you do something by accident and find your way to the next board.
There's lots of rooms with spikes and ropes later on.....can you be a bit more specific?

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Eccentric (LRG)
damn this game.. the sole reason I'm going out to buy an Xbox.
Silver1 posted an article in the last PoP thread that the xbox version is the one that looks the weakest, even though by all logic, it should look the best on it since it has the best technical specs.

Not that it's going to deter me from picking up an xbox, something that will hopefully happen within the next couple of weeks.

Hey Tommy, do you have PoP on the cube btw? It must look pretty nice on your tv if you do have it.

silver1

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Subsonic Chronic
Silver1 posted an article in the last PoP thread that the xbox version is the one that looks the weakest, even though by all logic, it should look the best on it since it has the best technical specs.

Not that it's going to deter me from picking up an xbox, something that will hopefully happen within the next couple of weeks.

Hey Tommy, do you have PoP on the cube btw? It must look pretty nice on your tv if you do have it.
Actually, the PS2 version looks the weakest according to the head to head. The only suprise was that the GC version looks better then the XBox version beause the Box usually takes top honours in the graphics department in the head-to-heads.

I don't have it no. But My friend does and he's lending it to me when he's finished. I'm still working on Majora's.

DJ_Science

TRIBE Member
I played it during the holidays on my borthers Game Cube. To quote penny arcade "that's some of the finest running and jumping I've ever seen".

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Eclectic
There's lots of rooms with spikes and ropes later on.....can you be a bit more specific?
I will have to get the name of the stage can't think it right off the top of my head.:confused:

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
It's after the room where you frist have to start swing on the ropes to get out of (The room is a light blue and has water on the ground so you can't run on the walls) and is after you walk through the caves with all the water falls. shit I hope that kinda of gave you some kind of idea where I am lol.

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
Good game, way to easy though. I think I beat it in just under 10 hours of play.

I'll give the control system a big round of applause tho, complex enough to do what you want, but simple enough to only require like 3 or 4 buttons

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MOD ONE
It's after the room where you frist have to start swing on the ropes to get out of (The room is a light blue and has water on the ground so you can't run on the walls) and is after you walk through the caves with all the water falls. shit I hope that kinda of gave you some kind of idea where I am lol.
Yup.

**SPOILERS

Facing the Save Point, jump up onto the ledge to the right. Make your way to the right, about halfway around the ledge. Below is another ledge with a small plank extending from it. Drop down and walk the plank. Jump across the gap to the next plank. Head left and continue that way, moving clockwise around the four pillars at the center of the reservoir. At the second pillar, you'll encounter some bats, so be prepared to stand and fight. Continue on to the third pillar, where part of the walkway crumbles. However, you can jump up to the pillar and climb to the second tier of the tightrope-like catwalk.

Move to the middle of the catwalk and look for the rope, which hangs in the center of the four pillars. Jump to the rope and then jump across to the ledge against the decorative bars. Edge to the left and you'll come across a plank that connects to the wall. Cross it halfway. See that rope nearby? Jump and grab it. Turn to face the rope that looks much too far away. To the right of it is a lighted archway. Swing on your rope and build some momentum. When you jump, push forward while in the air and you'll just barely grab the rope. Phew.

Turn to face the archway, swing and jump through. Now it's time for some old fashioned booby-trap lovin'. Straight ahead is a nasty bladed pincher and above you'll find dual sawblades. You need to run up the wall, grab the beam, and avoid the blades. The trick is to wait for the top blade to be headed right but not be to you yet, the lower blade headed left, and the pincher closed. Then get to the ledge and pull yourself up as the top blade passes and quickly move to the left towards safety, with the blade right behind you.

Before moving on, there's a Retrieve available. Move to the opposite wall and drop off the ledge. There's a pincher to the right and a lovely Retrieve to your left. After getting the Retrieve, you need to wait for the pincher to close then run up the wall. In the next room, pull the lever to open the large doors on the floor. Some bats appear when you do this, so take a moment to slice them up.

Jump into the pit. You'll grab a ledge that is safely above the spinning blades. This one's just a matter of timing. When the top blade has turned beneath you, drop. By the top you get down, it will have moved on. Then drop quickly to the next level. Keep your finger on the Cancel button and drop the moment it is clear. Move forward to find a crate in your way. Grab hold with the Special Action button and push it into the water below. Now you have a way of getting back up, which will allow you to get the next Retrieve.

From the edge of the broken cage, jump and pull yourself on top of the cage. Get to the ledge on the right and move along to the right until you are halfway across the long beam suspended over the water. Jump to the rope and turn to face the alcove with the Retrieve. Swing and jump to it and nab the Retrieve.

Get back onto the cage and make your way back onto the rope you just leapt off of. Turn left and you'll see another rope in the distance. You can make this one. Swing and jump, then make it to the next rope near the corner. To the left is another rope, so to your swingy-dingy and leap to it. Your exit awats if you simply climb the rope. However, there are a couple of goodies in the light alcove above. Swing to it and hop inside.

Inside is some goodness. First you should get to the mystical well. Wait for the pincher to disappear and run up the wall. Leap at the top of your run to grab the bar above. Shimmy along the bar until you turn 90 degrees. Turn around and swing to the higher bar, then turn again and swing from bar to bar to the high ledge across the room. There's a weak-looking wall here. Bash it and travel to your fantasy world where you gain a little extra health.

After your hallucinogenic voyage, drop off the ledge. Look underneath the ledge for a Retrieve. Now it's time to get outta here. Wall run along the right wall and jump back onto the rope. Go towards the light to exit the Reservoir.

***END SPOILER***

Whew, it's good to have an IGN login sometimes.

:D