• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Prince dead at 57

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
RIP
i remember getting his tape from mac's milk. they used to have a deal where if you got a giant slushy you could buy a tape for like 14.99. also got a zz top tape the same way

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
oh my god. horrible news. so young!!!

i am thankful to have seen him perform live. he was one of the greatest of all time.

i wonder what the circumstances were. 57 seems far too young to die of natural causes and he looked healthy.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
Gutted, I really wanted to get tickets for the piano performance and when we couldn't we decided next time he's in town we would see him live.

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Tried to find the Let's Go Crazy video on Youtube to post but I guess Youtube isn't allowed to post any Prince videos :(

rave jedi

TRIBE Member
RIP. Definitely sad news, especially because I really wanted to see him when he played 2 shows here last month on Good Friday (March 25). Unfortunately, I didn't go because I was bitching in the "Nobody Cares" thread his ticket prices were too expensive.

I've seen lots of concerts in my life. However, I regret to say I haven't seen the "two greats" Michael Jackson and Prince live in a concert. :(

Favorite Prince song that I often sing when I think nobody is around is "Raspberry Beret". LOL

Probably the closest these 2 iconic music legends Michael Jackson and Prince came to sharing a stage was back in 1983.

[YOUTUBE]lHaFj7gOWh4[/YOUTUBE]

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
Bloor Cinemas is showing Purple Rain this saturday at 10 pm.
if i weren't going to Krafty Kuts, i'd be there in a heartbeat.

rave jedi

TRIBE Member
Ping Pong? I love it.
Sorry, I don't have a clip or anything but I remember Jimmy Fallon (my least favorite late night talk show host because he kisses ass too much to A-list celebrities) was telling his amazing Ping Pong match story with Prince to Jay Leno during an interview