• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Pride this year, are they licencing everything again?

Teflon

TRIBE Member
Ok so IMO they fucked up pride last year with all the licenced areas.

What's going on with the Welsely stage this year? Who's playing and is it free or what.

The pride web site sux

thanks

b

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

Teflon

TRIBE Member
Thanks.

I'm not going now. Lame....

Ah well. It had gotten so big that messing it up is probably a good thing to thin out the crowds a bit.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kaniz

TRIBE Member
Caribana seems to be the one weekend I end up going out to Scarborough, never intentional, and dont usually think about it until I end up at Kennedy Station and its massively busy with people coming downtown.

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
Bacchus said:
it was awful earlier last week

half the information was missing, certain maps weren't showing.

I too, am dissapointed with the liscenced area....even the "all ages" on the south stage area is fenced in..

I miss the street party :(

like wise

I'm just happy that Dragonette are playing Saturday!!
They're probably one of my fave bands at the moment.

Teflon

TRIBE Member
Not the anti Pride thread, at least not intentionally.

And I don't think attendance will be down. I was kidding.

But I'm not going. I too miss the street party. We only go on Sunday every year and it's parade, walk church st and area, get some food then off to the welsely stage until 7 or 8, then home.

Fenced in and licenced = line ups, searches, and beer gardens. Feels like a fall fair to me.

It's not fun anymore.

ah well

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
Lysistrata said:
you also can't take dasani vodka into a beer tent. the whole "no outsdide food and beverages" thing.

I hear Henry Winkler will be making an appearance as the Fonz, waterskiing up a ramp over a Great White…

deveator

TRIBE Member
Lysistrata said:
you also can't take dasani vodka into a beer tent. the whole "no outsdide food and beverages" thing.

Come on be responsible people and finish your water bottle of vodka before entering the beer garden. Is that too much to ask.

kaniz

TRIBE Member
I dont even care about the 'free for all boozing'

I hate waiting in lines. Part of the joy of the street party was being able to wander around / do your own thing / bump into friends at random. Now its "ok, now I gotta go wait in line" - if my friends are not in the same garden, they need to wait in line to get in. If I want to go meet a friend somewhere else - I dont really want to leave, as I'll need to wait in line to get back in.