• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Prices on professional sound systems for clubs...?

-blake-

TRIBE Member
Hey guys,

Sorry, I'm not sure where else I would post this question, but I'm doing a report for a marketing course and I'm wondering if someone can give me approximate ball park figures for a good pro sound system and lighting system that you'd find in a club. I really have no idea if it's $10,000 or $100,000 ..although I'm assuming it varies. Also, if there are any names of companies that build and design this stuff, that would probably help too :)

Thanks for your time!

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
Sound systems for clubs that are ok size say like system start at around 50K and can go into the millions easily.

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
Westburry or however its spelled.
Phazon Sound who does the Guv. www.phazon.com
There are some dudes in missassagua who do Turbo sound to. Just search through Turbo Sounds site and they will tell you also.

coleridge

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Humanjava
and can go into the millions easily.
I doubt there is a club in the world with a million dollar sound system, I think it's more urban/clubbing legend than reality.

But the top club systems out there are definitely stretching into multipiles of $100,000.

Last edited:
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by coleridge
I doubt there is a club in the world with a million dollar sound system, I think it's more urban/clubbing legend than reality.

But the top club systems out there are definitely stretching into multipiles of $100,000.
There are defn clubs that go in the millions. If you add lights no probs.

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
no no no....

the most expensive and therefore most important part of a soundsystem is....

THE SMOKE MACHINE!

mondo

TRIBE Promoter
-from what I know, the guvernment sound system was bought for around $600,000. apparently it was a deal.

-the guy who installed it was Steve Dash, who was a protege of the legendary Richard Long of NYC's Paradise Garage. I believe the floor is specially made of sound dampening material.

Mike Richards

TRIBE Member
Yeah millions is possible but I don't think there are many in the world. Avalon in New york is up there and there's a place in Tokyo that apparently has a ridiculous amount of sound. Can't remember the name tho!

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mondo
-from what I know, the guvernment sound system was bought for around $600,000. apparently it was a deal.

-the guy who installed it was Steve Dash, who was a protege of the legendary Richard Long of NYC's Paradise Garage. I believe the floor is specially made of sound dampening material.
The guv is phason sound and is the old Twilo sound rig.

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
I thought the shelter was Twilos Turbo rig.
They had another sound system before that before their last shutdown. But I could be wrong.

Ride

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by coleridge
While living in England in '98, I remember seeing or hearing info regarding Ministry of Sound's system. They stated that OVER a million POUNDS had been invested in it. Don't know what that included, but I can tell you that the sound in the main room was FLAWLESS. Fuck I miss clubbing there (England & Ireland). Clubs and crowds are great here (N.A. in general), but still, no comparison. Think it has something to do with their standard of living, so they seriously NEED to let loose. Might be all that pent up emotional reservation as well.:p Wild times fo sho!

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
If its anything like Amensia in Spain then I would not be surprised why its so dope. Most the clubs over there took everything up more than a notch.

Mike Richards

TRIBE Member
The amount of money spent on a sound system means nothing anyway. You can have million dollar sound and probably do it with 10% of the money. I personally think that club owners should invest their money in good engineers and technicians as opposed to over-priced speaker boxes and amplifiers. I know Java will agree with me on this one.

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Mike Richards
The amount of money spent on a sound system means nothing anyway. You can have million dollar sound and probably do it with 10% of the money. I personally think that club owners should invest their money in good engineers and technicians as opposed to over-priced speaker boxes and amplifiers. I know Java will agree with me on this one.
For sure!
But usually one would hope that is part of the package?

Mike Richards

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Humanjava
For sure!
But usually one would hope that is part of the package?
Unfortunately it isn't. Just because a company takes care of you with a good lease or a good price on the products doesn't mean they employ good techs. I have witnessed this on way too many occasions

Mike Richards

TRIBE Member
That's why it's better to invest in Haze.

More expensive- Less annoying

...but then again owners don't like that first part in any case!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories