• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Premier Fitness

MrMarcus

TRIBE Member
I'm hearing on the radio that Premier has a half-price membership special going on now until the end of the month. Does anyone know if there is a catch to this?

Last week, I went to Extreme Fitness to sign up for their $25/month deal, but it turns out that it was only $25/mo for the first two months, then its regular price after that...something like $60/mo. Lying mofos!

So anyone know the real deal with Premier?

crave_e

TRIBE Member
I've been at premier for the last 2 years.
I think the promo is for 1/2 off the $249.00 membership but you still have to pay a monthly fee of (approx) $40.00

Depending on whom you talk to there is a lot of room for negotiation if you are willing to pay for an annual membership versus monthly. I pay $249.00 for the year. No monthly fee.

crave_e

TRIBE Member
Oh..the other catch is that for the first year they made us pay an additianal $100.00 for mandatory 4 fitness evaulation test.

MrMarcus

TRIBE Member
ya, that fitness test is bull! which premier do u go to? Esna Park? (assuming from your location) I used to work out there for free cuz my brother's girlfriend works at the front desk there. But now, with my present job, she's off before I even get there! so I'm gym-less again. I'm so used to working out for free...I refuse to pay anything higher than $30 a month. :mad:

crave_e

TRIBE Member
I go to Markham, Scarborough and Skydome.

Markham is closes to my home, Skydome is closes to work, but Scarborough is where my friends hang out.

Does your present employer have a corporate discount at Premier?
If not just go in and negotiate. Bring a couple of your friends and work a deal.
Those jackasses at Premier want to make a sale, so just play hard to get and you will get a good deal.
$30.00 a month is going to be a hard deal to make.

Good Luck

See you around at the gym.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
avoid premiere fitness like the fcking plague!!

i've heard nothing but complaints from a tonne of people who've been there for any significant period of time. looks great on the surface but their costumer service and coporate dealings are a complete mess. better off going somewhere else... buyer beware. i'm personally going to file a complaint with the BBB about them for shit they've done to me personally (double-billing my credit card after renewing my membership. an "iternal error" [read: scam] that seems to happen often.) as soon as my cuurent membership comes to an end (i prepaid for 18 months) i am soooo out of there.

d

MrMarcus

TRIBE Member
the ad on the radio also says "half price off ALL memberships" ...I guess I'm gonna have to go in to see if its bullshit or not.

crave_e

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by dvs

i've heard nothing but complaints from a tonne of people who've been there for any significant period of time. looks great on the surface but their costumer service and coporate dealings are a complete mess. better off going somewhere else... buyer beware. i'm personally going to file a complaint with the BBB about them for shit they've done to me personally (double-billing my credit card after renewing my membership. an "iternal error" [read: scam] that seems to happen often.) as soon as my cuurent membership comes to an end (i prepaid for 18 months) i am soooo out of there.

d
wow. I heard stories like that before but never had problems with my membership there. My theory was that premiere is so big that if (and when) they screw up, they are better equipped to remedy the problems versus the smaller gyms who may not have the same resources.

catilyst

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by dvs

d
Yeah my credit rating is currently screwd thanks to them. It's pretty well known now that if you cancel your membership you have to do it in writing so when they keep billing you you'll have proof they have no right to do that.

Of course if you verbally cancel your agreement for some reason they never mention maybee you should do it in writing.