1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by alexd, Jun 28, 2010.

1. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

I can't wait!!!!
  2. I'm kind of curious what this will end up being like. I kind of like what director Nimrod Antal has put out so far - a bit trashy, but entertaining nonetheless.
  3. alexd

Anybody with a name like Nimrod Antal must have been horribly verbally abused and taunted as a kid, and had to overcompensate with genius and creativity to overcome it.
  4. KodiaK

KodiaK TRIBE Member

5. I'm pretty sure that in his native country of Hungary, it's not that unusual a name. But when he made it over into America, I wouldn't be surprised if he had a few studio execs looking at his name and asking if it's a Tom Greene/Sasha Baron Cohen prank or if Emo Phillips is trying to relaunch his career.
  6. rowla

rowla TRIBE Member

7. alexd

8. NemIsis

NemIsis TRIBE Member

I actually avoided this thread because the title indicated it may be about the Predator movies (Although, I actually didn't mind the first).

I see I had reason to be afraid. ugh.
  9. Polymorph

Polymorph TRIBE Member

no need to be afraid. This one looks more like a remake of (James Cameron's) Aliens!
  10. ScottBentley

ScottBentley TRIBE Member

this actually looks pretty good!
  11. alexd

alien world, predators, cool weapons... I am hopeful it will be a good summer flick
  12. The AA-12 automatic shotgun seems to be the must have firearm of the summer. Brody is sporting it in Predators, Stallone has it in The Expendables - Mugatu must get on this shit.

13. alexd

is there going to be an imax 3d version? there has to be.
  14. Nope to the Imax, nope to the 3D.

With the way they've been botching movies with converting them to 3D (ie. The Last Airbender, Clash of the Titans), I'm kind of glad they're not.
  15. alexd

What about the new decrapio movie HS... heard anything good about that? or is just going to be a 90 min cgi spooge?
  16. KodiaK

KodiaK TRIBE Member

that shotgun is an absolute badass gun in COD: Modern Warfare 2.

you should see the future weapons episode about it, where they hook up a 50 round drum and they are absolutely DECIMATING targets 200 yards out.

deadly deadly deadly shotgun.
  17. You mean Inception? That's the only movie this summer I'm looking forward to.

The idea of dream thieves trying to implant an idea instead of steal it, being directed by Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight) is a can't lose premise. There's going to be some CGI, but think more of the mind bending ideas and images like The Matrix and less of having peeps run from CGI monsters.
  18. I can never understand why anyone puts a fucking sight on the damn thing in the game.
  19. bombthreat23

bombthreat23 TRIBE Member

agreed, picking up the original on blu ray tomorrow!
  20. voytek

voytek TRIBE Member

if there was a flick of a kid playing with predator or alien dolls or both while humming the mix of the scores, i'd still go see it. some shit you can't let yourself grow out of.
  21. J e l o

J e l o TRIBE Member

lock me in
  22. deep

deep TRIBE Member

just watched avp again a couple nights ago
  23. derek

derek TRIBE Member

yeah, it was on showcase i think the other day. not bad, i just wish they'd credit giger for his creating the alien. politics aside, i'll still go see it.
  24. NemIsis

NemIsis TRIBE Member

Ok, I finally saw the trailer :eek:.

It does look damn good :p
  25. alexd

Who is in to check out a launch day showing? Friday? even if it sucks, the air conditioning will be excellent!