1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Preacherman - Into a Dark Sunrise Deep Techno

Discussion in 'DJ Mixes' started by preacherman, Apr 25, 2010.

1. preacherman

preacherman TRIBE Member

After I had put out YummYummGood 3 Pink Ballet Slipper Mix in September of '08 I thought I would reach in to the labels and the producers who were featured to see what other goodies I might find; that was one day before I compiled this really dark journey in early December of 2008.

For those that enjoy those deep techno releases from Cocoon Recordings, My Best Friend, as well as Traum Schall Platten well there may be some familiar sounds here. I was reluctant at first to share this as I normally try not to pull trax from the same label when putting together a mix; truth be told I had burned about 5 CDS with about 8 or nine trax on them. Most of these trax are pitched to play at around 128 to 132, but I wanted to drop it down to about 120 to 122 to start things off; I was lucky to come across the first two trax at the start of play on the respective CDJ's; the rest is just being in the moment; hoping and praying something good would come of it. Makes it fun for me as I just don't know what to expect. And in this mix when 'COSMIC Sandwich' crawls out of the 'Rabbit Hole' I begin to pick things up a bit and then just let it take off on its own. 'Tengo Suerte Esta Noche' is just one of the sickest trax I have come across and it just sits so well between Bastille and Borderline.

When I recorded this I had only date stamped the set(120308), thinking I would get to it soon after, but because there were minor flaws in some of the transitions; due to my experimenting and not knowing what to expect from one track to the next, I was hesitant to share it. It was only a few months ago that I decided to searh my hard drive and dust it off. Life got in the way of me wanting to share it and the continued desire of delivering something without flaws. But then that wouldn't be me. I always jump in with both feet hoping the water is deep enough, as DEEP as this set is. These trax just speak from themselves I just pressed play.

Enojy your personal headphone journey INTO a Dark Sunrise, a title that came to me while giving this my 10 to the power of 10 listens. I know Mr. Tunes is waiting to hear this proper as I treated him to Fairmont's 'Down the Rabbit Hole' one Early Good Friday Morning.

Thanks TRIBE.

Right Click and Save As turn the lights down spark it up...:cool::cool:

Into a Dark Sunrise

[​IMG]

2. mrtunes

mrtunes TRIBE Member

respect preacherman. downloading this now.

isn't it funny how we often write things off as not ready for people to hear, and then we revisit it later and give it the green light.

my favourite quote that i heard this year is: "perfect is the enemy of done".

btw i was thinking about "School" lately, i'm wondering if that is still going to go on this solstice?

3. soapy

soapy TRIBE Promoter

nice mix bro. i havnt listened to anything like this in awhile. Tengo Suerte Esta Noche is sick. and from the long mix into the Citizen Kain track i was really feeling this. definitely goes well with a good pair of headphones :)