• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Prank Call Leads To Strip Searches

starr

TRIBE Member
freedom in america now includes being strip-searched at your minimum wage job and not thinking twice about protesting

man i wish canada was just as free

kodos

TRIBE Member
Bullshit. I've heard this before, direct from the "victim's" boyfriend in the states. It sounds way too nutty to be true. People take this kind of direction over the phone? People submit to a strip-search on that line of reasoning? If so they all deserve the indignity for being so stupid and meek and easily scammed.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kodos

TRIBE Member
Come on, you gonna take your clothes off just cuz some person says so?

Yeah, I comment without knowing the specifics but really, this is absurd. Anyone with half a brain should know this isn't something a person can do just cuz someone on the phone said so.

starr

TRIBE Member
you're right kodos, i just clicked on the link and didn't check the source

lemme see if thebostonnewschannel is actual

i still think it's sad that i'm some people (including myself) would read this story and think it possible to be true

says something about my gullibleness or something about the climate that could be around in the u.s.

i doubt i would have believed this story before 9-11, so yeah.

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by kodos
Anyone with half a brain should know this isn't something a person can do just cuz someone on the phone said so.
You'd be surprised at how many people don't know their rights. I work with a ton of people who I could see this happening to.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

kodos

TRIBE Member
OK, opposite personal experience then janie. Like I said I heard this exact scam from a friend in the USA and I could swear the whole thing was complete utter bullshit. I had such a detailed account and at every step I simply couldn't imagine anyone going along with it. For fuck's sake, in that case they had management take the employee's clothes away, lock them in a closet, and called a TAXI DRIVER to come perform the search! I simply do not believe that shit.

Ah well, if true - people gotta learn their rights damnit.

Isosceles_CAT

TRIBE Promoter
Statement From Wendy's

Our company has fallen victim to vicious scam against retail establishments; and, words simply cannot express how badly we fell about the incident last week in the Boston area. We are certainly embarrassed and saddened overall that this has happened.

Our deepest apologies go out to our employees who were drawn into this scam. We feel terrible; not only for these store crew members, but also for their managers who were deeply hurt and upset when they learned they had been duped as law-abiding citizens. They thought there were responding to the direct orders from the police.

We have taken this matter extremely seriously and have turned it over to local law enforcement authorities. We're doing everything we possibly can to assist them in their investigation.

starr

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by kodos
Ah well, if true - people gotta learn their rights damnit.
if you hit the link there is a video feed from the station

people know their rights they are being told right now that if they exercise them they are wrongly questioning authority

the message has obviously sunk in