• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Praktik Swayze - The Wayz of the Swayz [LOCALSOURCE 001]

praktik

TRIBE Member

Inspired by the inaugural Local Source event in Toronto's West End February 2019 and the sounds I dropped as Praktik Swayze there, here is the first edition of the Local Source Mix Series. A special curation of techno and house and echoes of acid awaits listeners in this first installment: The Wayz of the Swayz, a mix showcasing the Praktik Swayze vibe with some tasty morsels from Martin Landsky, Stephan Bodzin, Maceo Plex, Bicep and other top producers across 24 selections. Enjoy choice recent releases backed by the depth of tracks culled from over 15 years of collecting vinyl. High volume listening is recommended.

We'll follow up with select mixes from other Local Source members in the months to come!

Facts about this mix:
- the first Local Source Mix Release and the heart of it mirrors my midnight set there
- 96% vinyl content
- mixed manually at all times and within the radius of the City of Toronto
- recorded from a Xone 32
- planned, tested and crafted in just under 3 months

Thanks to Supply/Demand, Throwing Shapes and Sextone for the support and for creating Local Source together! Thanks to Dysign for the wicked cover art - and DJs that inspired me here include Alex Tolstey, Mike Gibbs, Eliot Lazor and buddies like D-züs and Sextone - you all gave me the pieces I put together here!

Tracklisting:
01 Pin Up Club - Dilapidated [Mir 010]
02 Stephan Bodzin - Strand [Afterlife 009]
03 Wil Saul + Tam Cooper - Teddy's Back (dOP dub mix) [Simple 0943]
04 Ilija Rudman - U.M.M.A. (Simon Baker Ten6 mix) [Infant 009]
05 Marc Romboy vs Blake Baxter - Underground Thang (Version 2) [Systematic 0037]
06 Gene Farris - Move Your Body [Material Heads x40]
07 Der Dritte Raum - Trommelmaschine (Martin Landsky remix) [Harthouse 057]
08 Jaydee - Pulsate [Ellum 13]
09 Marc Romboy vs Booka Shade - Every Day in My Life (Martin Landsky remix) [Systematic 001]
10 Samuel L Session feat Paris the Black Fu - Can You Relate [Kklap 003]
11 DJ Wild feat kris b - Lost on 14th [Adults Only 38]
12 Sizeup - Don't Know Disco [Hot Creations 127]
13 Alvaro Smart - Illusion (Mario Ochoa Remix) [Material 079]
14 Pasquale Cracciolo - Shock [Material Heads X41]
15 Jaden Thompson - Billz [Material 126]
16 Der Dritte Raum - Hale Bopp (Maceo Plex Edit) [Harthouse 057]
17 Argenis Brito & Miguel Toro - Black Shoes [Mobilee 059]
18 Burnski - Me and You [Dessous 093]
19 Andrade - Face De Bouc (D'Julz remix) [Dessous 094]
20 Yakine - Cicero [thirtyonetwenty 011]
21 Dennis Cruz - Freaks [Hot Creations 117]
22 Zweikarakter - Touched By This [Neuton 031]
23 Bicep - Celeste [AUS 1580]
24 Stephan Bodzin - Birth [Herzblut 050.3]

greginhali

TRIBE Member
Stephan Bodzin - Strand [Afterlife 009]

stand out track

and yes that is really killer artwork....well done on the skydome...and the swayze

praktik

TRIBE Member
Stephan Bodzin - Strand [Afterlife 009]

stand out track

and yes that is really killer artwork....well done on the skydome...and the swayze
Bodzin is such a huge influence on me and Im just happy i can include recent tracks from this great producer right - he still keeps his compositions fresh and hasn't really gone stale. I'd say Romboy has suffered for that far more than him! I dont think Romboy will ever top Gemini but Bodzin has more compositions to take us away in the future for sure.

The ender, Birth - is such a powerful track too... (one of the ones people maybe dont remember as much from Powers of 10 - his 2015 release - but for me its probably as deep/as powerful as the beatless title track off the bodzin album!)

Individual

Bodzin is such a huge influence on me and Im just happy i can include recent tracks from this great producer right - he still keeps his compositions fresh and hasn't really gone stale. I'd say Romboy has suffered for that far more than him! I dont think Romboy will ever top Gemini but Bodzin has more compositions to take us away in the future for sure.

The ender, Birth - is such a powerful track too... (one of the ones people maybe dont remember as much from Powers of 10 - his 2015 release - but for me its probably as deep/as powerful as the beatless title track off the bodzin album!)
I'm a bit in the way through, and I see how the social aspect is taking hold. Outside, everyone's chillin. Great set m8.