• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Post pics of your rare records!

T

TRIBE Member
inspired by a thread on doa.. This one goes out to the vinyl collectors, not just DJ's

post some pics of your rare, prized vinyl

clockwise, from the top

Raving im Raving (original press and sleeve), Jude on a ragga tip (original white label press), Omni Trio - Deepest Cut LP (promo copy), Nicolette - Dove song (original Press), Reinforced Picture disks 2 and 3.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

T

TRIBE Member
unique2100 said:
no way..

here is C64's "Moving Shadow limited edition "2on1 World Domination Series" (1994)

The complete set form this nice pic.

and here is RISE's Enforcers picture disk collection.. complete! big up rise!

Snuffalupagus

TRIBE Member
Wish I could, they all in storage atm but as Ghaleon can atest to. I have a pretty solid collection of early early Good Looking / Looking Good and Moving Shadow wax.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

ghaleon

TRIBE Member
Snuffalupagus said:
Wish I could, they all in storage atm but as Ghaleon can atest to. I have a pretty solid collection of early early Good Looking / Looking Good and Moving Shadow wax.
I CAN ATTEST :)

Im learning more and more about records everyday, so it will be interesting to look through that collection now that I know alot more names and tracks

PS GET THEM OUT OF STORAGE

dj SPINZ

TRIBE Promoter
T said:
Nicolette - Dove song (original Press)
Possibly my favourite "electronic" song ever. First time I heard it I didn't understand it at all ... then I heard it LOUD and that changed my life. I have it on LP as well as Nicolette - O Si Nene , two versions

unique2100

TRIBE Promoter
dj SPINZ said:
Possibly my favourite "electronic" song ever. First time I heard it I didn't understand it at all ... then I heard it LOUD and that changed my life. I have it on LP as well as Nicolette - O Si Nene , two versions
Personal favorite of mine too. SUch a wtf is this? kinda track.

0=0

TRIBE Member
seriously..what's the point of a thread like this?

#1) really rare records are mostly whitelabels that no one has heard of (and not even written about in discogs or rolldabeats.com) and not worth photographing...

#2) promotional and gimic items from massive internationally distributed labels that were issued in the 1000's aren't rare...i know about atleast 100 people that have the whole moving shadow 2on1 series...half of whom got when it was originally issued and the other half completed the set long after the fact...and half those records aren't even good..and it's not like the original moving shadow picture disk (which doesn't even have any music on it) was included in the shot..and that's not even that rare..

#3) if i posted a thread like this i would be called an elitest asshole :D

j

0=0

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
0=0 said:

#1) really rare records are mostly whitelabels that no one has heard of (and not even written about in discogs or rolldabeats.com) and not worth photographing...

#2) promotional and gimic items from massive internationally distributed labels that were issued in the 1000's aren't rare...i know about atleast 100 people that have the whole moving shadow 2on1 series...half of whom got when it was originally issued and the other half completed the set long after the fact...and half those records aren't even good..and it's not like the original moving shadow picture disk (which doesn't even have any music on it) was included in the shot..and that's not even that rare..

#3) if i posted a thread like this i would be called an elitest asshole :D

j

0=0
because no one obviously finds dnb discussion worthy anymore...there's a stigma that has claimed this forum for a long time now

T

TRIBE Member
0=0 said:
just to post pics of records that are rare or meaningfull to you. thats it.

nothing more, nothing less.

carry on then.

dj SPINZ

TRIBE Promoter
Framing! What I used to do was pull all the cool looking records out of their sleeves and stick em in white sleeves ... I stuck the sleeves up on my wall covering my room. It made you feel all warm inside when you would look at a row of say old V recordings artwork. Wish i had a picture of my old rave room :)

miss riot

TRIBE Promoter
dj SPINZ said:
Framing! What I used to do was pull all the cool looking records out of their sleeves and stick em in white sleeves ... I stuck the sleeves up on my wall covering my room. It made you feel all warm inside when you would look at a row of say old V recordings artwork. Wish i had a picture of my old rave room :)
Cool! Would that harm the records in any way (perhaps due to prolonged exposure to sun.etc?)

hi. :)

I like this thread. Even though I've been around the past decade listening to dnb, and collecting rec's for about 6 of those, I've never heard of those packs that c64 posted. So fuck off 0=0, I want to see some more pics!

Pics or STFU!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders