1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Possibly Best Darwin Award Nominee Evar !

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by glych t.anomaly, Oct 6, 2010.

1. glych t.anomaly

glych t.anomaly TRIBE Member

Darwin Award Nominee of the Day: So apparently this South Korean gentleman, frustrated at having just missed the elevator, began ramming the doors with his motorized scooter, at which point the panels gave way, and he plummeted down the elevator shaft to his untimely demise.

The Daily What

Laughed out loud so abruptly at work it was retarded.

wholy Fuck.

2. Booty Bits

Booty Bits TRIBE Member

that's f*cked!
  3. green_souljah

green_souljah TRIBE Member

LOL! fucking awesome that is
  4. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

i am crippled with laughter *dying*
  5. octo

octo TRIBE Member

that looks fake but i lolled!!!
  6. [- FuNKtiOn -]

[- FuNKtiOn -] TRIBE Member

this was real?!
  7. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

that's what you get for entering restricted air space.
  8. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

100% real - happened last august
  9. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

shit that sucks. it looks like plastic doors.

not very good build quality there.

anyone could have done that. as we saw.
  10. Krzysiu

Krzysiu TRIBE Member

mung chung i.
  11. KillaLadY

KillaLadY TRIBE Member

12. diablo

diablo TRIBE Member

13. Persephone

Persephone TRIBE Member

14. Zorro

Zorro TRIBE Member

How come the people in the back who's reflection you see don't react in anyway what so ever?
  15. glych t.anomaly

cuz it was really a trap?

or they hated him, or they didnt respond quick enough due to a lifetime of desensitization?

who knows.

16. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

maybe the guy was a dick in general and they were waiting for it to happen.

oh and
  17. glych t.anomaly

im betting anyone that impatient and pissed off about an elevator leaving without him, and the fact that he seriously rammed those doors with that electric cart dealy.

dick pretty much sums it up.

18. diablo

diablo TRIBE Member

Should've taken the stairs, IMO.
  19. gl*tch

gl*tch TRIBE Member

what did he expect to happen? There was no elevator!?
  20. erika

erika TRIBE Member

Though this woman could be a close second:
    QUINTE WEST, Ont. - An Ontario woman spent nearly an hour stranded on the roof of her car in the middle of a swamp after she followed a route prescribed by her global positioning device, police said Wednesday.

The 25-year-old from Bath, Ont., just west of Kingston, was relying on GPS directions to drive through the Murray Marsh natural habitat area in eastern Ontario when she became disoriented late Tuesday evening, said provincial police Const. David Ludington.

"I don’t know if she ended up in that marsh or in that area because her GPS told her to go there, but she definitely did get lost following her GPS directions," Ludington said.

The woman's wrong turns eventually landed her in the middle of a marsh that promptly flooded her car.

“We actually located her standing on top of the vehicle in the middle of the marsh," Ludington said. "Our local fire department had to put on dry suits to go out into the marsh to retrieve her from the top of the car."
  21. kirstenmeows

kirstenmeows TRIBE Member

You have to die to win a Darwin. She's the third or fourth person I've read about doing that with the GPS. Although she is the first Canadian...
  22. The Kid

The Kid TRIBE Member

23. SneakyPete

SneakyPete TRIBE Member

24. mute79

mute79 TRIBE Member

That is so tragic. But I think the blame is partly that people aren't trained in driving schools on how to behave in such scenarios...
  25. the_fornicator

the_fornicator TRIBE Member

Train people on how/where to park your car to help ducks off the side of the road?

You can't fix stupid.