• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Portugese chicken?

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Chiurrasquierra? Is that what it's called?

I just ordered a single dinner. For $5, I have a WHOLE fucking mini-chicken. A huge portion of flavoured rice and a lb (NO JOKE) of mashed potatoes.

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD.

Has anyone ever ate Portugese in the west end?

:eek:

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

MoFo

TRIBE Member
The only why I posted this is because it's the BIGGEST portion of food I have ever seen. And was wondering if this was normal in Portugese culture.

I mean, it's a whole chicken! I still have half a chicken left and 3/4 lb of mashed potatoes!

tella

TRIBE Member
portuguese people dont fuck around. a real portuguese mum would never let you leave her house until she's served you a 4 course meal, followed by dessert, some port/a shot of something and some food for the road.

but portuguese chicken = best bang for your buck. like you said it's huge servings, dirt cheap and delish.

p.s mashed potatoes? usually they're just roasted baby potatoes that are so very tasty.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MoFo
The only why I posted this is because it's the BIGGEST portion of food I have ever seen. And was wondering if this was normal in Portugese culture.

it's normal at portuguese* restaurants as far as I know. such a good deal.

Bumbaclat

PS correct spelling Sunny! :p

kuba

TRIBE Member
the best is on dupont and franklin

second place goes to dupont and symmington

i used to live across the street from one of those places

what the fuck do you think I ate for all them years

(and subsequently got a fat ass)

JESuX

TRIBE Member
CHURRASCO ON ST. CLAIR.

I swear by this stuff, and now I live so far away. Sunny, you seriously just made me want to get on the subway and trek to go get some chicken.

It's at St Clair and Christie, just east of Christie on the South hand side of the street.

You will never want any other.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by qtip
the best is on dupont and franklin

second place goes to dupont and symmington

i used to live across the street from one of those places

what the fuck do you think I ate for all them years

(and subsequently got a fat ass)

Yes...!! big ups to Dupont / Royce chicken!! so good!!

swilly

TRIBE Member
there is this place in missisuaga me and the ex used to go to. super nice food for next to nothing. I think for like 8 dollars we could get a nice meal of chicken and rice and salad and wine.

Always impressed with the quality as well
I find spanish and portugese food to be very similar.

there is also the chain or portugese chicken places i think its called lindos

they had them in the france and germany and i think i saw one in toronto as well
It might of said "windows" though hard to tell it was dark

oh well good food thouhg
swilly

shanekingsley

TRIBE Member
Dupont/Royce Chicken tastes really really good. I've lived in the area for ten years now and I used to eat there all the time. But then I noticed this place close to Wallace and Lansdowne that I tried out. The chicken tasted better, the potatoes were the good small baby ones and those were better too. No burnt ones and the food wasn't as greasy as Dupont's. The main reason i don't go to Dupont's anymore is because it is filthy behind the counter. downright naaasty. I rememebr a few years ago when the food rating system came out, Dupont Chicken was very quickly shut down. Now they are open again and I'm sure they have cleaned up their act, but the memories are haunting....

JESuX

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by HybridTheory

any good places around yonge/sheppard??

not that I know of, personally... the majority of these places are little mom and pop joints that are in the west end. (due to little portugal being right around the corner)

ahhh, how i miss the west end. :(

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
CHURRASCO @ ST. LAWRENCE MARKET!!!

I think I'm going to have to go down to the Market tomorrow @ lunch ;)

pr0nstar