• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

portable bluetooth speakers

kyfe

TRIBE Member
just wanted to report on my findings, was looking for a bluetooth portable speaker to take to the beach etc. After listening to about 10 models I narrowed it down to two. so I thought I'd share my findings with all of you as the market has really grown and there is an abundance of choices.

My criteria was as follows, had to have excellent sound quality, speakerphone capability be very portable(small) and easy to use.

Beats by Dr. Dre Pill Speaker

Meh was easy to connect, is small but the speakers could not handle being cranked.

JAMBOX by Jawbone Wireless Speaker

considered by most to be the standard for the past 2 years. it is now outdated was not very loud and had average SQ

Logitech UE Mobile Boombox Bluetooth Speaker and Speakerphone

is super small provided decent sound when cranked but the bottom end was muddy and not as impressive as I hoped, neat presentation and easy to use.

Carbon Audio Zooka Wireless Bluetooth Speaker

piece of garbage

JBL Flip Portable Bluetooth Stereo Speaker - Black

excellent sound and very little distortion at higher volumes, cannot be recharged using just USB and low battery life @ 4hrs but was the best sounding of the bunch. for those who don't know JBL is part of Harmon Kardon.

Boom urchin

This is the one I ended up going with, excellent sound although not quite as good as the JBL. small size, is dust,water and shock resistant, very easy to pair and has a 10 hour battery life + speakerphone. also can be mounted on a bike, attached to your belt or sit on your cars dash. made by the same company that own definitive audio and polk audio

JBL Charge

I haven't tested this one but it's the same as the JBL flip except it has a different casing which improves the sound quality, it also is the only one that can charge devices via USB and has a 12 hour battery life. it's hard to find in Toronto but can be purchased online.

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
i just bought one about 3 weeks ago !!!

i need another so i can pair them and play in stereo !!!!( although one sounds fucking awesome )

but seriously, the best portable speaker i have purchased, its size, the amount of clear quality sound with low level frequencies are amazing.

15 hour charge time, plays great via bluetooth bitrate.

i cannot say enough good things about it. charges fast, durable, very good quality.

i use it camping, riding my bike, for music in my bedroom, fucking thing weighs just under a kilo and is the same size as a king can and is much nicer sounding than most counter top ipod dock speakers.

its like having a personal soundtrack follow you around !!!

i have mine in my bag right now :D

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

coleridge

TRIBE Member
i just bought one about 3 weeks ago !!!

i need another so i can pair them and play in stereo !!!!( although one sounds fucking awesome )

but seriously, the best portable speaker i have purchased, its size, the amount of clear quality sound with low level frequencies are amazing.

15 hour charge time, plays great via bluetooth bitrate.

i cannot say enough good things about it. charges fast, durable, very good quality.

i use it camping, riding my bike, for music in my bedroom, fucking thing weighs just under a kilo and is the same size as a king can and is much nicer sounding than most counter top ipod dock speakers.

its like having a personal soundtrack follow you around !!!

i have mine in my bag right now :D
Where can I buy in Toronto?

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
The speakers The Watcher has for his iphone are amazing. Best sounding portable ones I have heard, but I don't think they are bluetooth.