• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

port

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

ian

TRIBE Member
Port is something my body violently repulses.

Odd that.

Maybe when I am 70 or 80 I will be able to stomach it.

boobies.gif

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

acheron

TRIBE Member
last sept. my bro and I gave my parents a 40 year-old bottle of Taylor Fladgate ruby port for their anniversary (40th - ruby)... it was marvellous! of course, the requirement was that they share it with us, which they did, with some nicely aged stilton.

LCBO were quite helpful in sourcing the bottle - they had one in all of Ontario, and it happened to be in the 'classics' section (the glass cabinet inside the vintages section) at their Davisville location. $550 later, bob's your uncle.

futronic

TRIBE Member
Mmmmmmmmmmm Port.

Vintage Port is my favourite, but not something I drink regularly (unfortunately).

-- Jay aka Fut

Big Cheese

TRIBE Member
um....

one of my fav thangs in the world

a good Tawny with strong blue cheese :^)

good thread dood

funny thing how much i enjoy it when i do drink, i haven't put anything away yet for down the road :confused: i really ought to throw some good $$ down and grab me something

hot damn i still love it

'G

Funzo

TRIBE Member
I can't do the Port, it makes my stomache turn! Give me a bottle of red however and I'll play that like a fiddle!

Dirtymatt

TRIBE Member
I love Taylors LBV port with mature English Cheddar and Chaumes cheese. However, I would recommend a drink that I used to have all the time in England.

Cheeky Vimto

2 shots port
1 bottle blue WKD (available at all LCBOs)

Add ice and drink like its grape juice- you will not be able to taste the difference- i guarantee. Let me know when you are converted to this drink.

matt

futronic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Vote Quimby
I was wondering where your reply was. :)

lol. I've been entertaining the past couple days (a friend from Texas is in town on business) and also dealing with midterms and stuff. I'll post a better reply tomorrow and fill in some details about dinners, wines I've had, etc.

-- Jay aka Fut