• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Poppers

jungalissa

TRIBE Member
so, it is my understanding that these are something legal that you buy, and then use to get high

if this is the case what is the thing I need to by and where do I buy it?

Gfunkdiva

TRIBE Member
Poppers don't get you high as much as they get you horny.

The gheys are big fans - go anywhere on Church St. (Priape, Out on the Street) and you can buy them in little vials, they're usually right on the counter.

Have fun, play safe!

jungalissa

TRIBE Member
ok, so the question is. do I go in and ask for poppers?

I have never tried them, but my friend said they are crazy, and I would like to get some for new years:)

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

Mz. SPy

TRIBE Member
someone brought some from the states.

i never did it myself but you don't need anything just the bottle and your nose.

seeker

TRIBE Member
most adult movie and toy stores will have them. do a search for 'anal nitrates' and i'm sure you'll find loads of useful tribe-info. ;)

Gfunkdiva

TRIBE Member
jungalissa said:
ok, so the question is. do I go in and ask for poppers?

I have never tried them, but my friend said they are crazy, and I would like to get some for new years:)
;) (from dancesafe)

* "Poppers" is the popular name for various alkyl nitrites, including isobutyl nitrite, butyl nitrite, and amyl nitrite.
* Doctors used to prescribe amyl nitrite for heart patients in capsules that were broken or "popped" to release vapors.
* Amyl nitrite is made and sold illegally, but most poppers are isobutyl nitrite or butyl nitrite sold in small brown bottles as "video head cleaner," "room deodorizer," or "leather cleaner."
* The exact contents of these products are not known, and they are not safety tested.

WHAT ARE THE EFFECTS?

* Poppers are used by sniffing the vapors from an open bottle. The effects are felt within a few seconds and last for 1-2 minutes.
* Poppers cause muscles around blood vessels to relax, making your heart speed up to pump more blood. Oxygen-rich blood reaching the brain produces a "rush" sensation.
* Because poppers cause muscles in the anus and vagina to relax, they are often used during sex.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
We used to do them all the time with weed. You have the distinct feeling of doing something wrong and chemical when you do...The closest thing I've ever felt to that was smoking crystal.

But I wouldn't say that they make you horny, in the way that E can. As mentioned before, all you get is a few seconds of head rush and the feeling of being relaxed. The high itself isn't that far from nitrous oxide actually, without the laughing.

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
why dont you just do some yoga and then stand on your head if thats the only feelin you get?

relaxation and dizzyness

:)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
no man I am missing probably the best jam of the year to go to muskoka

I think its gonna be worth it...:D

but I need to meet you and hit up a jam soon enough ya crazy popper lady :p

acheron

TRIBE Member
couple of minutes of lightheadedness and you come out of it with a dick in your ass. No idea how it got there...

kaniz

TRIBE Member
They are sold as: Room odourisers, Leather Cleaner, aromas, video head cleaner. Can be found in most adult sex shops, and many stores along church street (Priap, out on the street, etc).

They stink up a room - its not something you'd really want to crack out on the middle of the dancefloor or while at a party or you'll be pointed out as "the smelly person huffing poppers in the corner"

They give you a head rush, tend to amplify 'good' sensations, and will make an 'avg blowjob' feel like an amazing blowjob, and tend to help loosen up/relax muscles (which is why the gheys like em so much).

I remeber one day, I had bought a bottle, came home and my roomate was sitting on my computer chatting on MSN and wouldnt get off of it. So I said "Hey, sniff this" - and gave the bottle to her, she was a bit tipsy and said "whats this?", then proceeded to take 3 or 4 really huge/long sniffs saying "what, its not doing anything?", followed by an "OMG, WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" and she went running down the hallway, eventually falling over.

possibledj

TRIBE Promoter
I can understand why poppers are so popular in the gay community with the whole ass thing, but I find it odd that they are almost exclusively restricted to it in North America. As a straight guy, I have totally enjoyed using poppers during sex (without the old thumb-in-the-bum, har har), particularly when on other drugs (esp. E). I was at a huge party in Amsterdam a couple years ago though and every second person there was waving a bottle of poppers around. Granted, it was Dance Valley, the trance party of trance parties but there were tons of straight people there with poppers.

Either way, whippits are at least 1,000,000 times better (although much more expensive). Not nearly as bad for you either.

Gfunkdiva

TRIBE Member
kaniz said:
I remeber one day, I had bought a bottle, came home and my roomate was sitting on my computer chatting on MSN and wouldnt get off of it. So I said "Hey, sniff this" - and gave the bottle to her, she was a bit tipsy and said "whats this?", then proceeded to take 3 or 4 really huge/long sniffs saying "what, its not doing anything?", followed by an "OMG, WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" and she went running down the hallway, eventually falling over.
hahahahahah
thanks for the HUGE LOL

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
kaniz said:
roflmao!!
Very funny :)

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
lol i walked into one of those "here, smell this" traps myself once. after a night of partying in sydney, australia, i was in this restaurant / pub hybrid ... an unusual place for the party to continue into the daylight hours, but a place to keep partying nonetheless. dutifully i sniffed at it, lost my head for a few minutes of ooh-ing and i-feel-weird-ing and i-need-to-sit-down-ing and then went outside. i sat on a curb with two other partiers who had partaken and looked around. for a few minutes, everything looked yellow, like i was looking thru yellow sunglasses. it was very very very weird. and then it was over and i went home. hey. i never said it was an exciting story.