• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Pope picked

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
The childish vitriol in this thread is both unsurprising and uneducated.

It reminds me starkly of a scene in "The Time Machine"

This pope, in all of 2000 years, is the first to choose the name "Francis". Granted, that's only 787 years since the well documented individual, later cannonized as "St. Francis", (Francis of Assisi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).

I invite the reader to take a pause, to perhaps, recognize the significance of a name thusly chosen.

To be the first of a kind, is to be a leader of a kind.

And there are enough firsts in this papacy that I need not bother educating the doubtful.

The gentle touch of grace is surrounding this change, it's so obvious I've hardly the time to point it out.

Regardless your inclination: I, myself, am now an atheist.

However the work, and attitude, of St. Francis of Assis is so remarkable, and cross-cultural, that it does us all well to reflect thereupon.

Who are you to presume you are so rich, or educated, or prima vitae that you can look down on others? A manager, a socialite, a well-to-do, to scorn and to hope by scorn that you reap some rewards?

The poor is where all shall come, and all has come. We are all primordial dust in some kind of cosmic sun. And no one shall know the better until the end of days.

-jM
A&D

Last edited:

octo

TRIBE Member
i bet most latinos are thinking...

one one hand, it's nice that the first pope outside of europe is from latin america

on the other hand, that's one more thing for those stuck up, prick Argentinians to gloat about.

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
i bet most latinos are thinking...

one one hand, it's nice that the first pope outside of europe is from latin america

on the other hand, that's one more thing for those stuck up, prick Argentinians to gloat about.

yeah. my columbian friends don't consider him latino.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
601611_460045794065638_98957034_n.png

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
Pope Francis never said that. Do your research. That is merely an internet meme to bash Catholics.

Do you not understand the significance of him having chosen the name "Francis"? Are you unaware of the work of Francis of Assis?

Of course you don't. You're just another dumb internet kid who likes to bash religion. Well I like to bash religion too, but I do it with a point -- and here I abruptly stop, to think, (thinking might help your general disposition), what is this man, arguably the most powerful man on the planet, planning, by choosing such a name?

Read your history.

-jM
A&D

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
St. Francis of Assisi empowered women in many different ways, which was quite extraordinary, not just for the Catholic church, but for lay people in general, circa 1200. Mindless fools who cataract my internet, learn something before I bother to read what you type.

-jM
A&D