• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Pop Up Blocker

Dirtymatt

TRIBE Member
Can anyone recommend a good pop up blocker because in the last few days I seem to have had huge numbers of pop-ups which are really annoying me- or is there something I can do to my computers set up to stop this from happening?

Thanks matt
 
Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Casper

TRIBE Member
ad-aware @ www.download.com
peace

edit: actualy the shareware version doesn't have a specific pop-up blocker, the full does, but when you clear your harddrive from all the crap they will pop up less, also try Spybot Search & Destroy
 
Last edited:

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Dirtymatt
Can anyone recommend a good pop up blocker because in the last few days I seem to have had huge numbers of pop-ups which are really annoying me- or is there something I can do to my computers set up to stop this from happening?

Thanks matt

I switched to Mozilla Firebird

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firebird/


Its a very nice little browser with none of the crap and all the features. By default there are no popups...
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: Pop Up Blocker

Originally posted by KiFe
yhea.. doesnt that rule? a popup blocker built in! GENIUS!

i love it.


I like the fact that its unzip and run. No install, no registry...

and it has tabs
 

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Pop Up Blocker

Originally posted by Ditto Much
it has tabs


I discovered that at work by accident.. and havent been able to make them appear again...

how do?
 

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pop Up Blocker

Originally posted by KiFe
I discovered that at work by accident.. and havent been able to make them appear again...

how do?


ctrl-T opens new tab. Or when you right click on a lionk there is the option to open in new tab ...
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

stargurl*

TRIBE Member
They changed the name when 0.9 was released earlier this month, I believe it was because of the Firebird database
 

Muad'ib

Well-Known TRIBEr
Can you incorporate Outlook Express with Firefox? Cause if so, I need it! Firebird has treated me well, I even uninstalled IE.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

deep

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Pop Up Blocker

Originally posted by Ditto Much
I like the fact that its unzip and run. No install, no registry...

and it has tabs

you need the installer / registry settings for plugins like flash, etc. to work.
 

deep

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Muad'ib
Can you incorporate Outlook Express with Firefox? Cause if so, I need it! Firebird has treated me well, I even uninstalled IE.

mozilla has its own email client called thunderbird, which you can use to replace outlook express. just like firefox is more secure than ie, thunderbird is more secure than outlook express.
 

quantumize

TRIBE Member
i have modzilla and i use the adaptive filters. at first it worked like any normal pop up blocker but as you use it more and more it works better

i gues it decides based on what you close right away what to block

the adaptive filters are amazing. i haven't had a pop up for weeks
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

jason klaps

TRIBE Member
If you wait.... a pop-up blocker will be included in the next Service Pack of Windows XP.


other I suggest Google Toolbar. great stuff.
 

Dirtymatt

TRIBE Member
The only thing that is annoying about firefox is that it is slow to load images from the page which is frustrating. Is there any way of improving that?

matt
 
Top