• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Pop KULT with In Flagranti at the Gladstone

erika

TRIBE Member
This party set the bar pretty high for the week-end:
Got there while Mikey Apples was spinning; the second half of his set was just deadly, so many great beats and tracks, so sassy.
The crowd was utter eye candy: tall pretty fashion girls with taste, boys in that private school shoolboy with a twist, mad dancers, the works.

They had "get photograped" area set up which was actually much less invasive than the roving photographer. And a couple on the stage, one who actually asked if she could take my picture (I declined).

Then In Flagranti, and, for the most part, an absolute killer set, people dancing/prancing around the back of him (and in front) like mad. Powerful beats with underlying insane warm bits (like that african one), mostly a driven set that was too too good, particularly after last call (quelle surprise).

And there is more going on tonight, but I was good and came home because tomorrow is Sunnyside :)

This is a cool monthly I will definitely check out again (and so good to be at the Gladstone!).

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

gl*tch

TRIBE Member
Happy to hear it was fun! I've missed In Flagranti twice now and next time I will get my ass in gear and get out to see 'em!

zoo

TRIBE Member
ahh i love in flagranti! how do i find out about these events?

also erika how haven't we met? we basically have the same taste in music ..

erika

TRIBE Member
gl*tch you should; I've been to both gigs and both were great :)

zoo, first answer, look for pop kult on fb; they are the ones throwing that party (I think a monthly) at the Gladstone.

And maybe we have met; if you see a woman much older than most people at a party, often wearing a black trilby (short brimmed hat), dancing with a goofy grin on her face, that's me :p