• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Poor Junior Canadian squade

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
Well it's official the Junior Canadian hockey team couldn't get the gold once again and we lost to those Americans. I'm never going to hear the end of this from some of my American friends.:(

here's the full story

SPORTS
WORLD JRS.
__Standings
__Schedule/Results
__Your Call
__World Jrs. on TSN
FANTASY SPORTS

STORE
SHOWS

COLUMNISTS
SERVICES
_Site Map »

WJHC: US stuns Canada to win gold
Canadian Press
1/5/2004
HELSINKI (CP) - A freak goal credited to Patrick O'Sullivan of the OHL's Mississauga IceDogs with 5:12 remaining capped a U.S. comeback in a 4-3 win over Canada in the final of the world junior hockey championships Monday.
Canadian goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury attempted to clear the puck but it bounced off defenceman Braydon Coburn and into the net despite a wild lunge from Fleury.
It was O'Sullivan's second goal of the period as the Americans scored three unanswered goals in the final 20 minutes to stun the Canadians.
_
Related Info
Finns take third straight bronze
_Canada/USA Preview
Canadian Roster
Canadian Player Profiles
American Roster
Canada vs USA - 1997 Recap
It was a gut-wrenching loss for Canada, which led 3-1 after two periods and was looking to end a six-year gold medal drought. Instead, Canada takes home a third straight silver medal after blowing a lead for the third consecutive year.
Ryan Kesler of the Vancouver Canucks and Dan Fritsche of the Columbus Blue Jackets also scored for the Americans, who won their first-ever world junior tournament while going a perfect 7-0-0.
American Zach Parise was named MVP of the tournament.
Nigel Dawes of the WHL's Kootenay Ice scored twice while Anthony Stewart of the OHL's Kingston Frontenacs had a goal and two assists for Canada, which suffered its first defeat of the tournament after_five wins.
Host Finland edged the Czech Republic 2-1 earlier Monday to win the bronze medal.
Fleury, who started this season with the Pittsburgh Penguins, had not been severely tested in Canada's previous games and was expected to be the difference in Monday's championship game but he didn't deliver when it counted most.
U.S. counterpart Al Montoya, expected to be a top pick in next June's NHL entry draft, settled down after allowing the third goal.
After giving up a pair of goals to go down 3-1 in the second period, the U.S. came charging back in the third period by scoring twice in the first seven minutes.
Kesler was left alone in front of Fleury and flipped a shot high over top of Fleury at 6:58.
The U.S. narrowed Canada's lead to one goal at 4:39 when the Americans had Canada outnumbered on a 3-on-2. Patrick Eaves sent a cross-ice pass to O'Sullivan and the Minnesota Wild draft pick beat Fleury with a sharp-angled shot.
Canada thought it was home free after going up 3-1 in the second period.
Stewart, a first-round draft pick of the Florida Panthers, beat U.S. defenceman Matt Carle in a foot race from the blue-line and sneaked the puck under Montoya's glove at 12:56.
The goal seemed to deflate the Americans, who were on their heels for the remainder of the period as Canada dominated play. The Canadians outshot the Americans 11-6 in the period.
Canada lost associate captain Tim Brent for about five minutes of the second period. He took a hard check along the boards from U.S. captain Brad Stuart and went down hard on his back. Brent needed assistance getting off the ice and appeared woozy, but was back on the ice just after the midway point.
Stuart's penalty and another by defenceman Ryan Suter gave Canada 42 seconds worth of a two-man advantage, but American penalty-killers kept Canada at bay.
Dawes, a New York Rangers draft pick, gave Canada a 2-1 lead by scoring 12 seconds into the period. He re-directed a Michael Richards shot from the blue-line past Montoya.
After the U.S. tied the game at 8:57 of the first period, the Canadians looked nervous for the rest of the period as they overskated the puck occasionally and didn't get a strong forecheck going on the U.S.
Unlike Canada's previous opponents here, the Americans were willing and able to engage the Canadians in physical play.
Canada's defence went soft around Fleury as Fritsche scored a wraparound goal on a backhand and he had time to take a couple of whacks at it.
Canada scored the first goal of the game when Stewart chipped the puck up to Dawes in the neutral zone. Dawes skated over the blue-line with a turn of speed and beat Montoya high at 3:25.
The next tournament is in North Dakota.

-Mercury-

TRIBE Member
pfft,....whatever

you know how rich some of these young punks are about to become???
huh?? do ya???

that right, ......rich, lots of $$$$$, and BLING BLING n' stuff, you know, like the OPPOSITE of POOR

more like......... poor me. :(

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
It's only a game. :)

Do you think these young guys give 2 shits about you and your life? :)

Enjoy the game and what not, but life goes on! :)

Buddy Holly

TRIBE Member
That was one of the CHEAPEST GOLD GAME WINNING GOALS I HAVE EVER WITNESSED. What a bad goal. And that cheap US forward O'Sullivan tkaing credit for such a cheap goal. I think it was a dump in for fuck sakes.

O well. Silver is good.
:D

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by -Mercury-
pfft,....whatever

you know how rich some of these young punks are about to become???
huh?? do ya???

that right, ......rich, lots of $$$$$, and BLING BLING n' stuff, you know, like the OPPOSITE of POOR

more like......... poor me. :(
So what if they make a lot more than you and I. If you like hockey as much as I do then you over look those types of things. These kids work their asses off to be where they are today, and if the market is willing to pay them that much it's not their fault. Yes I know how much these guys make and I know what kind of shit they go through too. Some of these kids work their whole life to be where they want to be and get weeded out and don't even make it in the NHL. All I was posting is they lost I was wondering why you care so much on how much someone makes it shouldn't even be a decision, and if you where in their shoes you would be sinning a whole different tune.

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Littlest Hobo
It's only a game. :)

Do you think these young guys give 2 shits about you and your life? :)

Enjoy the game and what not, but life goes on! :)
Trust me life goes I know. I think you guys just read between the lines and took my post a little to serious.

-Mercury-

TRIBE Member
all i'm saying there slick, is that if i was sitting in their shoes,........... obviously life would be a whole lot fucking better than it is right now.

no comprende???

so why the fuck would i feel sorry for them??

people in thirld world countries, now there's people i feel sorry for.........

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
Shit dude you're the type of guy that just goes way off topic you know what I think I'm done talking with you about sports because you're in some kind of weird state of mind. If you want to chat about third world country make a different post and we will talk there about your concerns about third world countries. If you're going to write a post in a thread that's about hockey stay on the subject because my first impression of you right now shows me that you have a short attention span later Mother Teresa.

kuba

TRIBE Member
yes, poor junior team

poor marc. he'll NEVER win anything again (at least as a pen).

oh well.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

joey

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by futronic
Ummm ... on TSN they said the next tournament is in Boston.

-- Jay aka Fut
they said during the game that next year is in North Dakota