1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Political Correctness running amuck....

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by DJ Vuvu Zela, Nov 11, 2015.

1. wickedken

wickedken TRIBE Member

I'm really impressed by the North Korean Olympics CheerLeaders. They should have new entry into the Step movies.

2. The whosit and the whatsit? Mexican Proud Boys?!

Edit: well, I guess if you're Latino, a teen and living in NS, you need to stand for something that will piss off your parents. So.....good......on them.....?

It's a great shirt.

Ever notice that white people go completely fucking insane for t-shirts? I cleaned out my closets last weekend, I'm astonished that at the number of t-shirts I own.

praktik and Bernnie Federko like this.
  3. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

Jordan Peterson, The Deepak Chopra of the Culture War?

The Intellectual We Deserve | Current Affairs

"If you want to appear very profound and convince people to take you seriously, but have nothing of value to say, there is a tried and tested method. First, take some extremely obvious platitude or truism. Make sure it actually does contain some insight, though it can be rather vague. Something like “if you’re too conciliatory, you will sometimes get taken advantage of” or “many moral values are similar across human societies.” Then, try to restate your platitude using as many words as possible, as unintelligibly as possible, while never repeating yourself exactly. Use highly technical language drawn from many different academic disciplines, so that no one person will ever have adequate training to fully evaluate your work. Construct elaborate theories with many parts. Draw diagrams. Use italics liberally to indicate that you are using words in a highly specific and idiosyncratic sense. Never say anything too specific, and if you do, qualify it heavily so that you can always insist you meant the opposite. Then evangelize: speak as confidently as possible, as if you are sharing God’s own truth. Accept no criticisms: insist that any skeptic has either misinterpreted you or has actually already admitted that you are correct. Talk as much as possible and listen as little as possible. Follow these steps, and your success will be assured."

janiecakes likes this.
  4. wickedken

wickedken TRIBE Member

The video is about North Korean cheer leaders cheering. I don't know what you're watching.

5. Bernnie Federko

Bernnie Federko TRIBE Member

6. Bernnie Federko

7. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

This was such a good read

workdowntown and janiecakes like this.
  8. Hal-9000

Hal-9000 TRIBE Member

Stable genius right here.

janiecakes likes this.
  9. Mondieu

Mondieu TRIBE Member

This is the first time I’ve read a proper, believable, succinctly written account of Peterson’s descent down the rabbit hole. It offers real perspective. It’s a reminder that even people with above-average intelligence, education and experience are subject to the magnetism of adulation.

When an agenda-based, selective dissemination of fact and mythology become the root of one’s teaching, the truth becomes skewed. It’s the oldest trap in the history of human community. Put simply - and regardless of the players - it’s an innacurate push for and account of the simpleton’s “Us vs. Them”.

It’s the root of everything we’re watching unfold in modern western liberal democracy. ...and it’s fast-food for those who don’t care enough to do their own research.

Fucking gross, really.

10. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

11. CiG

CiG TRIBE Member

Maybe this past supporter should go debate Jordan in a public venue. Jordan is no doubt preaching, but why does it speak to so many?

To each their own. i do not see why he is any more dangerous than any other organization, corporation, religion, leaders, politicians, etc.

Which side does not have an agenda with their own derived proof?

12. Part of the problem is we think we can apply simple solutions towards complex problems. Peterson is both a symptom and a result of that. With willful ignorance being in vogue and any kind of expertise is mistrusted, it's no wonder someone like Peterson could float to the top.

workdowntown likes this.
  13. Mondieu

Mondieu TRIBE Member

There’s agenda bias in all forms of debate but this one is fairly easy root out. The reason Peterson’s popularity has reached its present point is that the folks he’s talking to get most of their information via social media, talking heads and sound bites. The folks that follow this line of thinking aren’t invested in research. They don’t feel the need to get to the bottom of things for themselves. They’re quite comfortable sticking with the comfort of their bubbles. ...and Jordan Peterson, as a respected educator, feeds into that. He’s playing into the growing shift toward populist and segregationist sentiment. ...and he’s getting booked on the talking head circuit as a result.

No more. No less. ...and frighteningly destructive at its core. A quick look at the history of fallen empires will tell you that this is how civilizations implode. They devour themselves from the inside and leave nothing but remnants for archeologists.

Shame more folks don’t give a shit.

workdowntown likes this.
  14. wickedken

wickedken TRIBE Member

What are you seeing happening with "liberal democracy"? Shouldn't democracy be tumultuous at the best of times or do you see something else happening?

15. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

I'm curious if your second question implies that what's happening now is simply run of the mill political controversy?

16. wickedken

wickedken TRIBE Member

Whatever is happening now is exciting to watch unfold but there have always been wars, societal developments, crisis, etc. Political controversy has always been there. The really interesting development in our history IMO is rapid computerization and mass and direct communication.

17. Bernnie Federko

18. Puma

Puma TRIBE Member

Interesting perspective.

19. janiecakes

janiecakes TRIBE Member

lol

from that video's description:

"Watch this clip in AMAZEMENT as you realize he is describing EXACTLY what's happening in America today, where by Obama and his gang of Marxist usurpers who now have control of your government are just the culmination of a very long term plan, but are the ones who are about to bring it into fruition."

workdowntown likes this.
  20. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

seems legit

21. Littlest Hobo

Littlest Hobo TRIBE Member

No ones care about some 3K twitter person thinks and that is hardly a 'bodying'. I could put my dog on twitter and he would get more followers as he is very cute.

If Peterson was just another self-help guy then he would not be the wildly best-selling author with an international sold-out book tour that he is currently. His claim to fame was beating leftists who complained about his views on compelled gender speak. That is what irritates many on the left, he beat them rather than cowered and now is crazy famous and rich. Go listen to JP on Rogan or Jocko podcasts, I think he is a bit dour and cries too much but nobody is perfect.

22. janiecakes

janiecakes TRIBE Member

compelled gender speak? you have lost it.

workdowntown likes this.
  23. Littlest Hobo

Quite frankly his 12 rules are kinda hokey and most are what any good parent would tell their kids.

24. Littlest Hobo

yes

25. janiecakes

janiecakes TRIBE Member

rolling my eyes so hard