• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Police anti drug video fail: Cooking with Molly

Snuffy

TRIBE Member
I always had great luck with blue coloured pills. Blue Butterflies, Blue Roosters, Blue Diamonds... oh how I miss they!

Snuffy

TRIBE Member
I have to admit that I'd be happy with his recipe.

The very few times that I've indulged these past three years, it was some weird substance that made me lucid yet not all that happy. I suspect it was "TFMPP BZP". Came in these perfect pressed pills.

I'd rather be sober than take that garbage. Bleah.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
was always fond of the oranges, especially the double barrel butterfly. best pill i ever done did.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
When I synthesized "molly", first of all, the kids didn't call it molly.

It all began with Sassafras oil down in a soap shop in Stratford. Like Justin Bieber.

him> "I hear this is some kind of aphrodisiac!"
his wife> "We buy this from Australia by the drum. What's it for?"
me and my friend> "Candles."

It's true, it smells like root beer.

-jM
A&D

Last edited:

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Why are these anti drug videos always so lame? If anything, they seem to make drug use more attractive (or drug manufacturing in this case).

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
Why are these anti drug videos always so lame? If anything, they seem to make drug use more attractive (or drug manufacturing in this case).
I was going to say the exact same thing.

I had to watch it a couple times and I'm still not convinced it's not a trailer for "Better call Saul".

-jM
A&D

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
From the Golden Age of Anti-Drug PSA TV ads...

[YOUTUBE]ub_a2t0ZfTs[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]NTYXZ0qZZEA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]gJTC_sX5cxs[/YOUTUBE]

Ho||yw0oD

TRIBE Member
Agreed. They went over-the-top with this character. Also, they should have had him cutting the drug with household cleaners, detergents, etc. instead of more drugs. Like, most people doing this drug probably won't care if it is cut with heroin or meth because it isn't stigmatized in the same way as when one injects or smokes it.

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
"This is your brain on drugs" is timeless. I wonder if he ate that egg afterwards. (Nobody ever talks about what happened to that egg? Daytime television? Hollywood?)

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
"This is your brain on drugs" is timeless. I wonder if he ate that egg afterwards. (Nobody ever talks about what happened to that egg? Daytime television? Hollywood?)
Low budget too. I would bet that Government Molly ad cost millions to produce and most of that went to friends and consultant companies to the party in power.

Krackajak

TRIBE Member
Pee Wee Herman's Fapulous PSA from the 90's. Who better to teach kids about the dangers of drugs then a registered sex offender.

[YOUTUBE]agT2GVNQjao[/YOUTUBE]

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
I might be more sympathetic if they were upfront but they're not.
Festival was in August. Have they released cause of death? Tox? You'd think they'd be shouting it out if was that rase of one devastating pill as opposed to polydrug use, hydration or exposure issues.

Reborn

TRIBE Member
They are trying to approach the subject in a different way. They know they can't scare kids with the BS "holes in the brain" that they tried in the late 90's. They are trying to educate rather than scare now.

What the government needs to do is legalize it so there's some control in what is in these pills and try to get rid of the black market.