• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

POKER??? I don't even know her.

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
who are the most famous/notorious/best poker players, both real and fictional, of all time?

the only ones i can think of are:

the cincinnati kid
matt damon from 'rounders'
that guy from 'lock, stock and two smoking barrels'
lt. commander data
mel gibson's version of 'maverick'
val kilmer's version of doc holliday
johnny chan

kuba

TRIBE Member
how about that moneymaker guy, who parleyed $40 into $2.5MIL at the poker championships?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Hal-9000

TRIBE Member
Teddy KGB.

So that's it, then. Just like a young man, coming in here for a quickie. I feel so unsatisfied...

ChROmE

TRIBE Member
Liquor in the Front.... Poker in the rear

Will's preparing for his big loss tonight.

It's actually been awhile since i have been this stoked for a game of poker.

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Klubmasta Will
lt. commander data
You are some kind of top secret government agent black ops nerd, my friend. I am in awe.

You would smoke this guy and leave him dead with your l33t j3d1 nerd-fu.

Vote Quimby

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by qtip
how about that moneymaker guy, who parleyed $40 into $2.5MIL at the poker championships?
Just saw his win. Nice bluff on the second last hand. Talk about going out in style, a full house.

silver1

TRIBE Member
Actually Will, Data was a relatively weak poker player on the show due to his weakness in bluffing.

Commander Riker was always the big winner.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by silver1
Actually Will, Data was a relatively weak poker player on the show due to his weakness in bluffing.

Commander Riker was always the big winner.
i listed data for his "notoriety" as opposed to his raw skill.

besides, data's skill improved as the show went on. as he became more human, his poker prowess also increased.

there is rampant fanboy speculation that data actually won the game at the end of "all good things, part II". :p

ddiplomat

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ChROmE
How does the "official dealer" win? Oh you mean you are actually paying errr... I mean playing.

:p
Depends what type of poker your playin, but the tourny they show on tsn is 'no-limit texas hold'em' the 'dealer' does not play.

There is a 'dealer puck' that moves one player each hand so the deal is the same as any other poker game, exept in hold'em you only get two cards. etc. etc

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Klubmasta Will

there is rampant fanboy speculation that data actually won the game at the end of "all good things, part II". :p
If nerd knowledge was super powers you would be cutting guns with your mind right now!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories