• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Pleeeecccoooo!

Caz

TRIBE Member
pleco.jpg

Caz

TRIBE Member
lol no man it's not mine, but it's FRIKKIN" HUGE! :eek:

The site said that it was 2.5' by a foot, but I've NEVER heard of them getting that big

Dr Funk MD

TRIBE Promoter
I had one of those when I was a kid but it was only an inch long. Then we cleaned the tank too well one time and it died. Weeks later one of the goldfish in the tank tried to take it's own life by jumping out of the tank. I found it on my bedroom floor gasping. I guess it had been there for a few minutes because the side of him that was on the floor was starting to shrivel up. I tossed him back in the tank and he lived. After a few weeks though his fins on his right side were almost completely deteriorated and my mom thought we should put him out of his misery. We flushed him down the toilet alive and I still feel bad about it to this day.

:(

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

The Kid

TRIBE Member
I have to get one really, really badly... my poor goldfish's tank is getting really scummy...

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
R.I.P. Jo-Jo...

I had my Pleco for about 7 years and then my Black Convicts beat it to death... and the one previous my Pirahna killed it.

Both were over a foot long, pretty sure my biggest Pleco was ~18 inches long..

pr0nstar

Caz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by The Kid
I have to get one really, really badly... my poor goldfish's tank is getting really scummy...

Get a mystery snail for about 2 bucks at most pet stores. Plecos can be a little more expensive, and (as you can see) they can get too big for the average goldlfish tank. The snail will clean that shizz up in no time, they are very efficent if you get a big one...

Silvershadow

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Dr Funk MD
After a few weeks though his fins on his right side were almost completely deteriorated and my mom thought we should put him out of his misery. We flushed him down the toilet alive and I still feel bad about it to this day.
How the hell is flushing a fish down the toilet alive putting it out of its misery? It's not like he'd DROWN!

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
tropical fish can't live in cold water..
actually, he said it was a goldfish, so i'm wrong.. but they would still die once they reached the sewer

Silvershadow

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by stir-fry
actually, he said it was a goldfish, so i'm wrong.. but they would still die once they reached the sewer
I guess... still... ewwww! I think I'd rather go on suffering for a couple weeks than drown in poo. :p

Caz

TRIBE Member
don't snails only need themselves to multiply though??
you'll have an infestation is no time

Mystery snails are one of the only exceptions to that. They are single sexed. You could breed them if you wanted, but you would need two..

The Kid

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by caz
Mystery snails are one of the only exceptions to that. They are single sexed. You could breed them if you wanted, but you would need two..

good to know! Stoppin' by the pet store tonight!

EffinHard

TRIBE Member
I named my first goldfish after my uncle and aunt.. They died two weeks later. Okay, I liked to take them on trips to the bathroom sink. I thought they enjoyed the change of venue. I was sad cause I thought it meant my uncle and aunt would die, so I called them to see if they were okay. Last year was pretty rough.

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by caz

cool.. maybe i'll pick one up
my glass needs a snail's love and attention

lucky1

TRIBE Member

It's not the cold water that kills them but the chlorine. And it is a slow horrible death. NO offence but if I ever feel I need to put a fish out of it's misery I put them in a bowl of tank water in the freezer for about five minutes. This puts them to sleep by stopping their heart. Much more human.

The Kid

TRIBE Member
I got a mystery snail today...

... he's fuckin' dope! suckin the glass (walls) like it's going out of style.

Dunny (my goldfish) and him are pals already. There's a freakin' ecosystem in the hizzouse!!!!!1

THE kid.