• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

please, some recommendations

evil homer

TRIBE Member
i'll profess ignorance right off the bat to this sound which has just infected me-

given that, i recently downloaded a matthew herbert set thinking it would be his swingtime/downtempo/broken beat sound and instead found 70 minutes of rather minimal, marginally funky sounding music (which he apparently produced for many many years before i got turned on to his current guise). This set has really gotten under my skin - so if anyone here could point me towards similar artists or upcoming events i would return that with a healthy dose of gratitude.

Thanks a whole lot

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
check out artists like:

Cabanne
Daniel Bell
S-max
Fym
Ark
Krikor

and labels like:

Perlon
Boogizm
7th City
Sub-Static
Telegraph
Musik Krause

zoo

TRIBE Member
go on soulseek and look for sets/lps by people like:

the timewriter
ricardo villalobos
matthew dear
luomo
ian guthrie
miss kittin
magda

the "lighter side" of techno :0)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

evil homer

TRIBE Member
Thanks a whole lot so far

paxahau is overwhelming, i look forward to many months/years of exploring those archives.

I'm on slsk as evilhomer - got the matthew herbert set there from Tresor's

Please check out my inertia mixes too - they're drum and bass but/and they share many of the same musical sensibilities i.e. minimal, evolving, light-hearted with a twisted edge, off kilter rhythms, perhaps geared a bit more to the headphones than the floor. - always eager for feedback re. those two.