• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Please Recommend A Good Laptop Sound Card

Agent Smith

TRIBE Member
Hey there...

I'm looking to get a soundcard for my laptop, primarily so I can record at home. Can someone please help recommend a good card? Also, where is the best place to buy one?

While we're on the topic, what is a good (preferrably inexpensive) software to use for recording?

Thanks!

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

solgrabber

TRIBE Member
this card is very good if not one of the best options for a laptop. they make another "DJ" version but i am pretty sure it has no "line in" option. it does have 2 outputs instead which is good for music software mixing (tracktor/ ableton).

1104indigo.1.jpg

i am using a soundblaster audigy which does the job really well. they can be had for less than half the price of the indigo cards. i am very impressed by this card to be honest, the only reason i will go for the indigo in the future is for some serious production work.

0,1425,i=95686,00.jpg

cheap software for recording = audicity (it's free) and very good.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

when you want to jump to some really good software soundforge and wavelab are probably the most widely used and best out there. i have been using wavelab for years, really good application.

peace.

Agent Smith

TRIBE Member
Fantastic! Thank you so much!

Do you think the soundcard is a better option over USB alternatives like the m-audio audiophile?

solgrabber

TRIBE Member
Fantastic! Thank you so much!

Do you think the soundcard is a better option over USB alternatives like the m-audio audiophile?

no problem.

i would not say one is better then the other really, just depends what your needs are. if your looking for just recording and decent production i would go the pcmcia route. if you need all the extra connections and midi maybe the break out box soundcards will be your thing. i prefer pcmcia because of the data transfer rates.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
I have the Edirol UA-25. It's bus-powered, delivers great sound, and has a ton of recording features. As a catchall interface, it's got everything I need and more, with really solid construction, which is important to Dr Spillsalot here.

top_M.jpg