• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Please help - clothing stores that use this security tagging system??

Poot

TRIBE Member
Originally posted this in the girlstuff forum -

So I bought some stuff at Anthropologie in Salt Lake City on Thursday, and got back to Toronto last night to discover two of the three items still have their security tags on them.

Their sister store, Urban Outfitters, does not use the same tagging system, and weren't able to suggest a store who does.

I'm trying to find a store downtown who can pop the tags off for me - I've got the receipt, so it shouldn't be a problem - but I've no idea which store uses this particular tag.

Here's a pic -

The tag itself is about 2 inches wide. (both sides look the same)

Outfitters told me I could put the clothes in the freezer, bang the tags and pry them off, but all that got me was a hole in the top, and the tags still intact.

Does anyone know of any stores in the area that use these tags?

Help would be much appreciated.

At this point, the only other option is mailing the clothes back to Utah to have the store remove them, but that's going to be a major pain in the ass to deal with and follow up on.

Thanks,

Poot

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
I recently pulled one of these off a shirt I bought. as long as it's not an ink one.. they're super easy to take off with out damaging the clothes. just stick something in there and pry away. or cut open the top of one side.

billy

TRIBE Member
gotta ask - if they are security tags, how did you get out of the store? i'm not saying you teefed them, just wondering how effective they are if you left with them still on?

i've never seen that type before so i can't help ya. the only store i worked at used larger beige ones.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Can't you smash it with a hammer? Cuz it's on a seam so I'm assuming you can just break it into pieces?

videotronic

TRIBE Member
call the store...speak to the manager...if theyre worth their salt theyll have you ship them back at their expense and remove the tags for you

xopus

TRIBE Member
you could make a trip to a retail supply store. i'm sure they have all sorts of different types of tag systems. find the one that fits, and problem solved.

Poot

TRIBE Member
billy said:
gotta ask - if they are security tags, how did you get out of the store? i'm not saying you teefed them, just wondering how effective they are if you left with them still on?

i've never seen that type before so i can't help ya. the only store i worked at used larger beige ones.
That's what's odd - they didn't set the system off when I left Anthropologie.

I wish they had. :mad:

Poot

TRIBE Member
videotronic said:
call the store...speak to the manager...if theyre worth their salt theyll have you ship them back at their expense and remove the tags for you
They did offer to do this, but coordinating this and following up on it is going to be a pain.

If I can't find anyone locally, I'll go that route.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
Poot said:
That's what's odd - they didn't set the system off when I left Anthropologie.

I wish they had. :mad:

in storres only about half the tags work to set of the buzzer.. they get damaged etc and then don't work (well at sporting life thats how it was when i worked there anyway)

I know i've seen stores take off those tags when i bought stuff in town... maybe the bay? or sears?