• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Playing ripped PAL dvds on NTSC?

acheron

TRIBE Member
Umm.. so a 'friend' of mine is wondering if the DVDR he's downloaded, which says it is "Retail PAL" format, will play on his NTSC DVD player when he burns it... ???

I've zoned out on this... once it's ripped does encoding matter?

Thanks,
H.

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
PAL dvds flicker .. even after being ripped. A couple releases I downloaded stated they were NTSC , then when i popped them in , they were black and white and scrolled/flickered.

Unless it was converted (wich is usually never the case), find a NTSC version or get DVD player that plays both formats.

Jay

fewl

TRIBE Member
There is another way by using IfoEdit and changing the headers on all the ifo's from Pal to Ntsc to trick the dvd player. In my experience I think sony is the only brand I've come across that won't play both.

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
fewl said:
There is another way by using IfoEdit and changing the headers on all the ifo's from Pal to Ntsc to trick the dvd player. In my experience I think sony is the only brand I've come across that won't play both.
ive tried that trick , there is a article at video help. Didnt have much luck.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

wayne bradbury

TRIBE Member
I've cracked every region 4 DVD player I've come across here in Australia. I have DVDs I brought with me from Canada that you can not get here and the only way to watch them was cracking the region code. If you can't find the code for the exact model try a code for another model of the same brand.