• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Planning a Corporate Family Picnic

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
Does anyone have an experience in doing this type of thing?

I've googled and I have a few contacts from fax spam but they don't look very authentic or original. Google was useless or perhaps I'm just searching for the wrong thing.

I need help. Two years in a flippin row I get the 2nd largest event to plan.

Also, any good conservation areas that can accomodate up to 700 people. Kelso is at the top of my list.

ila

TRIBE Member
I did this last year for 150 people. Not quite the same thing, but...whatever.

I held it at one of the parks listed here www.trca.on.ca and used their vendors to get tents and activities set up and decorations put in place and what not. It saved on coin a bit to go about it that way.

Anyway, I'm not sure if any of their parks could accomodate you, but give 'em a shout maybe and see what's up.

sugar

TRIBE Member
I looked into doing an outdoor BBQ event thing last years at Bruce's Mill. Another nice place is Thompson Park in Scarborough.

smokeyeyes

TRIBE Member
ila said:
I did this last year for 150 people. Not quite the same thing, but...whatever.

I held it at one of the parks listed here www.trca.on.ca and used their vendors to get tents and activities set up and decorations put in place and what not. It saved on coin a bit to go about it that way.

Anyway, I'm not sure if any of their parks could accomodate you, but give 'em a shout maybe and see what's up.
definitely i would think that for 200 people you should at least peruse TRCA and check out the conservation areas.

as for the 700 people and conservation area.... try contacting TRCA directly. might be useful.

Rude1_247

TRIBE Member
www.tsevents.com is a great resource for event planning in Toronto. As for large areas, how about the cortright centre? From what I remember they have large outdoor spaces that you can rent. Alternatively, you could go the cheezier route and do the Zoo. I did a corporate family jam at Ontario Place one year, they've got helpful people on their events team that help with a lot of the organization and because so many companies go there for their family events they have great package offers.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

AgentSanchez

TRIBE Promoter
I'm not altogether certain that walking around with a T-Shirt reading "There's a party in my pants - $5 admission" constitutes 'event planning'.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
If you want hamburgers and such.. try the pickle barrel. Their catering dept. should be able to accomodate you and do it affordaby. Plus, they should be able to organize the alchohol and tent (always a must in case of rain)...

Was a catering manager for a few years a while back.. :) If you need any support or advice, feel free to pm me :D

ps: get huge brand new garbage pails and fill them with ice and pop.. Place strategically around the site.. Great for the kids. Less work and will cost you less (Don't have to hire as many bartenders)

SweatyNuts

TRIBE Member
NemIsis said:
If you want hamburgers and such.. try the pickle barrel. Their catering dept. should be able to accomodate you and do it affordaby. Plus, they should be able to organize the alchohol and tent (always a must in case of rain)...

Was a catering manager for a few years a while back.. :) If you need any support or advice, feel free to pm me :D

ps: get huge brand new garbage pails and fill them with ice and pop.. Place strategically around the site.. Great for the kids. Less work and will cost you less (Don't have to hire as many bartenders)
don't advise for free. i'm sure she's getting paid for her effort, as will the event planning co. she uses.