1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Places to get LCD Monitors fixed?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by [- FuNKtiOn -], Jul 3, 2010.

1. [- FuNKtiOn -]

[- FuNKtiOn -] TRIBE Member

so my LCD computer monitor died on me last week.
    after doing some researching I've found out I need to replace the capacitors.
    I'm not the capacitor changing type so I'm looking to see if anyone can recommend a place to go and get this type of thing done, preferably on the cheap.

not sure if I should be looking to computer repair places or generic electronics repair so hoping someone has dealt with a similar situation in the past.

College Street area is ideal but anywhere in the downtownish region will do.

2. xtcfreak

xtcfreak TRIBE Member

Craigslist. There are so many people on there offering repairs to electronics and they are under cutting each other. I got my laptop repaired really cheap going this route.

Jay

3. [- FuNKtiOn -]

[- FuNKtiOn -] TRIBE Member

for the record, found a place in Scarborough, $35 flat and next day turn around.