1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

places to donate clothing and toys

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by wickedken, Jun 22, 2010.

1. wickedken

wickedken TRIBE Member

Can anyone inform if they have seen Oasis drop-off boxes in the downtown core, or similar drop off boxes?

Downtown core: college/yonge/queen/university.

2. Musical Rush

Musical Rush TRIBE Member

You can drop off taped up boxes near the G20.

3. kirstenmeows

kirstenmeows TRIBE Member

Thank you. I needed that.

Why not call one of the downtown shelters, such as the Redwood? I do believe they will pick up donations.

4. erika

erika TRIBE Member

A little bit out of your way, but there's a shelter on Dundas just east of Bathurst that takes donations.
    My guess is you would find something around Queen and Sherbourne as well, on the south side.

5. LeoGirl

LeoGirl TRIBE Member

There is a womens shelter at Carlaw / Lakeshore where I dropped off a ton of clothes, toys, baby stuff a few months back. Their only request is to please call ahead to make sure they can actually take it.

Don't drop in the boxes, I've heard through the grape vine (not sure how true) that these clothes rarely make it to those who truly need them.

If you can't make it to Carlaw / Lakeshore, I will pick the box up from you and take it there myself. I've been collecting a bunch of stuff and need to make a trip anyway.

Homepage | Red Door Family Shelter

6. [- FuNKtiOn -]

[- FuNKtiOn -] TRIBE Member

well played. this almost makes up for all the stupid comments in the NFL thread.

7. Pottsie

Pottsie TRIBE Member

I am doing a fundraiser for a charity called Youth Without Shelter (Youth Without Shelter) in late July which I will be posting on Tribe closer to the date. If nothing else works out, I can pick it up or arrange for pickup.

8. Aphrodite

Aphrodite TRIBE Member

the best drop off is Goodwill on Richmond, just west of Sherbourne. they come out with a cart and help you unload your stuff.

Welcome to Goodwill