• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

places to buy notebook ram onlilne, in canada

beaker

TRIBE Member
i am trying to source some ram for my powerbook and am looking for quality brands like crucial in canada.

can anyone reccommend some stores with prices online other than canadacomputers, filtech, cpused, carbon computing, and tigerdirect?

thanks in advance,
matt

Stormshadow

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by beaker
can anyone reccommend some stores with prices online other than canadacomputers, filtech...
Why? These places will most likely have better prices than anywhere you'll find online.

But if you *do* need an online retailer...NCIX.com is pretty good for everything. And they'll price match Canada Computers etc.

zoo

TRIBE Member
canadacomputers and ncix are exhaustively stocked in quality parts, if you don't find it between those two, i don't know where you're gonna find it

skin deep

TRIBE Member
Are you planning on doing some overclocking on your laptop, or why the need for such high quality ram. I personally don't think there's a need for the highest quality ram unless you're looking to push it's limits, or, your mobo is sensitive to certain types of ram.

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
what revision of the powerbook do you have?

Note: if its a revision A, then you will have to buy Samsung RAM. Only Samsung RAM will work in those machines. Any revision past A will take most any RAM.

BTW - Just buy from Crucial, you will get the best price, even after duty and shipping.

beaker

TRIBE Member
neither canadacomputer or filtech have the type of ram i need which is: Crucial or Kingston 1Ghz 200 PIN 333 MHz SODIMM

i have the 1.5 ghz 15" powerbook. all accounts say i should be getting high quality ram and there are many reports on the powerbook users forum of my rev. not working with lower quality ram.

i'll check out ncix.com. thanks.