1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Pitch correction for 45rpm records recorded at 33rpm

Discussion in 'Electronic Music Producers Forum' started by Deus, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Deus

Deus TRIBE Member

I downloaded a cool track that was recorded at 33rpm but was pressed at 45rpm. The wave file was deliberately recorded like this to give the song a cool effect. I would like to know how much pitch correction I need on the file to make it sound as if it was played at 45rpm (i.e. the original sound). For some reason Wavelab does not let me correct pitch by imputing % so I need to put in semitones and cents. Anyone have any ideas?

2. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

trial and error. but that's my style.

3. Deus

Deus TRIBE Member

That could take a long time!

4. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

that's why i am where i am in the learning curve after all these years. lol

5. coleridge

coleridge TRIBE Member

Are you sure you can't do a % speed increase.

Sounds like you're trying to do a pitch shift where you leave the speed the same that's why it wants tones/semi-tones. You want to do a straight speed increase.

It's there somewhere in WaveLab.

6. Deus

Deus TRIBE Member

I calculated the BPM of the 33rpm file and I found the original version and calculated it's BPM and I used timeshift to correct it. The whole thing sounds like it has no base though. It sucks because this is the only instrumental version that I've been able to come across.